• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,461 posts in this topic

On 4/21/2021 at 3:55 PM, docgo said:

There’s at least one CGC 9.8 out there that looks fairly similar. It would definitely be on the lower end of 9.8s but there’s an outside chance it could hit the same grade. It would be in my 9.6/9.4 range without having seen the back cover.

This is my stance as well. 

I've seen 9.8's (from CGC as well as they who shall not be named) in this state or a touch worse that landed in the right hands on grading day...but I've also seen very tightly graded 9.4's/9.6's that could beat it out if all the books were cracked and resubbed.

Edited by Legion of Goom

On 5/1/2021 at 9:08 PM, Real Elijah Snow said:

Have a couple of the Mask ones. If it was a Bone cover it would be some $ fosho. 

Also, I agree on Bone 5. When I slabbed a 9.8 a while back it was the only 9.8 on the census. 

First one has a Mighty Morphin Power Rangers cover :facepalm:lol

Jeff Smith started a Kickstarter campaign for his upcoming Tuki graphic novels. The top pledge ($5,000) was limited to 5, and the reward included a Mint copy of Bone #1 1st printing. Jeff had personally pulled those five mint copies from the box 30 years ago and bagged & boarded them at the time, and would include a COA stating so. Needless to say, those 5 pledges went immediately.  So, we may see five new 9.8 graded copies pop up on the census this year. Can you imagine if one of those ends up being a 9.9 grade?

Edited by Legion HQ

1 hour ago, Legion HQ said:

Jeff Smith started a Kickstarter campaign for his upcoming Tuki graphic novels. The top pledge ($5,000) was limited to 5, and the reward included a Mint copy of Bone #1 1st printing. Jeff had personally pulled those five mint copies from the box 30 years ago and bagged & boarded them at the time, and would include a COA stating so. Needless to say, those 5 pledges went immediately.  So, we may see five new 9.8 graded copies pop up on the census this year. Can you imagine if one of those ends up being a 9.9 grade?

Really wish you didn’t post this. The one time I didn’t click on something from the site :cry:

Are you one of the five?

3 hours ago, Legion HQ said:

I didn't care for Tuki.  

Cool story about the 5 copies.  

Patrick

3 hours ago, docgo said:

Really wish you didn’t post this. The one time I didn’t click on something from the site :cry:

Are you one of the five?

No, they were long gone by the time I visited the Kickstarter page. Would have been very tempting though if any were available!

17 minutes ago, videoloop said:

I've been looking forward to seeing what the Kickstarter rewards would be since it was announced..I was excited at the possibility of nabbing a limited edition book or something. I ended up working super late last night (finished around 8am Eastern....oi!), and it was going to be easier to stay up than go to sleep and try to wake up on only a couple hours of sleep. A morning person, I am not.

I signed on at the launch, and started reading through the rewards..and when I scrolled allllll the way down, my eyes just about dropped out of my head. I've never done a Kickstarter before, so the race was on to find my wallet, and madly enter my information......talk about STRESS. lol... 

I am one of the five. :cloud9:

That is awesome!!!

Here’s hoping you have wonderful luck & end up with at least a 9.8!!:wishluck:

13 hours ago, videoloop said:

I've been looking forward to seeing what the Kickstarter rewards would be since it was announced..I was excited at the possibility of nabbing a limited edition book or something. I ended up working super late last night (finished around 8am Eastern....oi!), and it was going to be easier to stay up than go to sleep and try to wake up on only a couple hours of sleep. A morning person, I am not.

I signed on at the launch, and started reading through the rewards..and when I scrolled allllll the way down, my eyes just about dropped out of my head. I've never done a Kickstarter before, so the race was on to find my wallet, and madly enter my information......talk about STRESS. lol... 

Congrats! You certainly deserve it!

11 hours ago, docgo said:

Congrats! You certainly deserve it!

Thanks brother!!

I started collecting Bone in February last year, and I'm legit addicted. Among my 500+ raw Bone comics are at least one of every printing of every issue (except the Image Newsstands - HMU if you have any you want to unload..still a few holes there lol), this will be my 2nd first print #1..I've got 3 of the limited edition HC One-Volumes, the AP of Before Bone, the limited edition Cow Race Artist's Edition, all the RASL and TUKI stuff, the toys, the art......and yet I still feel like Ariel......

I WANT MORE copy.jpg

Edited by videoloop

On 5/4/2021 at 11:31 PM, videoloop said:

That's incredible, I'm stoked for you!! I'd love to see how good one of his file copies is. I had to do a triple take when I saw that as a reward tier. 

I got on about a half hour after launch, and those bad boys were long gone. I think I used up all my Kickstarter mojo managing to snag an Eric Powell art commission slot in the one he just launched 😆

3 hours ago, Legion of Goom said:

That's incredible, I'm stoked for you!! I'd love to see how good one of his file copies is. I had to do a triple take when I saw that as a reward tier. 

I got on about a half hour after launch, and those bad boys were long gone. I think I used up all my Kickstarter mojo managing to snag an Eric Powell art commission slot in the one he just launched 😆

Thank you! I did a triple take too, and I get giddy every time I think about it!! :banana:

My keys to Kickstarter success: 6 parts fangirl insanity, 2 parts beginner's luck, and literally all of my moneys. hahaha...congrats on the Powell commission! I haven't read The Goon yet, but it's high on my list. :) 

18 hours ago, WilliamG.Staggers said:

Hey guys Im in the market for a Bone #1 CGC 9.6 or 9.8. If anyone is offering theirs please let me know! The guy on ebay wants atleast 7500 for his 9.6 which is obviously too high. What would ya'll pay for a 9.6 this year?

I’m looking for a 9.8 #1 too so good luck!

There have been zero public sales of a first print CGC 9.8 or 9.6 in 2021. Making a guess is too dangerous lol

5 hours ago, WilliamG.Staggers said:

Market is doing weird things for sure. Do you think the show will really happen? I'm really hoping they do it justice if so lol.

Show will happen but will take longer than expected. Jeff recently said that they’re still writing the -script.

5 hours ago, videoloop said:

FYI guys, there's a new tier on the Tuki kickstarter with original art! 28/30 are gone as of this moment... :) 

Was in time for this one. Sorta makes up for missing the 20th anniversary OA :cool: