• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,461 posts in this topic

On 8/27/2021 at 3:50 PM, WilliamG.Staggers said:
On 8/3/2021 at 10:38 AM, valiantman said:

Sold for 11.4K! Wow! The 9.8 last year went for 13.2K.

There's nothing higher than a 9.4 on the CGC Census, so I don't know about the 9.8 you referenced.

EDIT: Oh, I see it has been taken off the CGC Census:  http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/comicid/211069/6mo

I wonder if it was damaged... there's a 9.2 that appears the same week the 9.8 was removed.

As far as the 8.5 price, with only 8 copies on the CGC Census, the grade may not be as important to the buyer as asking "when will there be another chance?"

Edited by valiantman

On 8/27/2021 at 5:08 PM, valiantman said:

There's nothing higher than a 9.4 on the CGC Census, so I don't know about the 9.8 you referenced.

EDIT: Oh, I see it has been taken off the CGC Census:  http://www.cgcdata.com/cgc/search/comicid/211069/6mo

I wonder if it was damaged... there's a 9.2 that appears the same week the 9.8 was removed.

As far as the 8.5 price, with only 8 copies on the CGC Census, the grade may not be as important to the buyer as asking "when will there be another chance?"

Woah, that's pretty wild. Very good point! Hoping to find a raw copy some day pop up. 

On 8/27/2021 at 4:08 PM, valiantman said:

I think the 9.8 was taken out of the census almost immediately after it was bought. The winner received a ton of offers thru Heritage (up to $45k).

I will never understand why people go insane over this book. It’s definitely interesting and I’d like to read it some day but I would never bid up to these levels having seen some of the content. It was not well done lol

On 8/28/2021 at 10:45 PM, followtheleader said:

Dank, 

What happened to the purple nurple avatar?

Patrick

Are you referring to the bestest cat drummer in the world, Nyangostar?

images.jpeg-1.jpg

On 8/28/2021 at 9:14 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Getting the image #1 in 9.8 is difficult. Only hit 9.6 on the two I've sent in

Generally, they’re all more difficult than the average comic because of the black back covers. I’ve only ever sent in one for signature series and it was nearly flawless. 

On 8/30/2021 at 12:52 PM, docgo said:

Generally, they’re all more difficult than the average comic because of the black back covers. I’ve only ever sent in one for signature series and it was nearly flawless. 

Yeah it's tough, but I'm happy I have one for myself and one to give away/sell.

A family friend has a 8 year old son and I got him the scholastic series and he just loves it. Think I might give him this one graded when he's older.

On 8/30/2021 at 1:57 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Yeah it's tough, but I'm happy I have one for myself and one to give away/sell.

A family friend has a 8 year old son and I got him the scholastic series and he just loves it. Think I might give him this one graded when he's older.

The Image Bone #1 is probably one of the highest printed of the series but finding a raw 9.8 is still difficult. In my experience, it’s mostly been fingerprints.

On 8/30/2021 at 1:07 PM, docgo said:

The Image Bone #1 is probably one of the highest printed of the series but finding a raw 9.8 is still difficult. In my experience, it’s mostly been fingerprints.

I've got 1-28 in my OO, how many issues was the Image run? I should try to finish it

On 8/30/2021 at 1:53 PM, Dr. Dank said:

Really? I could have sworn my last issue in my box was 28, now I have to look....

Could be mixing with the original series.

It was Cartoon, then switched to Image, then back to Cartoon. Image reprinted the cartoon books later.

Patrick