• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bone Appreciation Thread
11 11

1,460 posts in this topic

If anyone's bidding on the raw Bone #1 1st print that's on ebay, it's, surprise surprise, not NM. Looks like a VF/VF+ from the front cover scan I received (still haven't seen the back).

The front looks better than the back. I'd guess it's an 8.0/8.5.

i think i might the 7-8 hour drive...but if there's no witness, i'm unsure...

on another note, where were all these high bidding buttholes when i had Brad's two copies of Bone #1 up two weeks ago???

seriously, $381 for an 8.0 (i dont think thats an 8.5)...ridiculous

i think i might the 7-8 hour drive...but if there's no witness, i'm unsure...

on another note, where were all these high bidding buttholes when i had Brad's two copies of Bone #1 up two weeks ago???

seriously, $381 for an 8.0 (i dont think thats an 8.5)...ridiculous

Don't you mean $530 for an 8.0/8.5? :baiting:

You had nice big scans in your auction - this seller did it the usual overgraded ebay way. If the buyer knows anything comic books, I foresee a big fat negative & a re-list in the future.

Here's one that I don't see too often. This was the first time a Bone comic was published in color in comic form (mid to late 90s reprints in the "Disney Adventures" magazine were also colored versions). Big thanks to Grails for this beauty! :D

bone10thcgc980717537006.jpg

Here's one of the more recognizable Phoney Bone covers as it was also the cover for the Dragonslayer TPB. This was the final issue in that storyline as well as the final Image publication. The guy I bought this from had a stack of pre-screen rejects, so this can be difficult to find in grade (the lone 9.6 popped up in February '08).

bone27cgc940148684007.jpg

The image below depicts the way Jeff illustrated Thorn's dream sequences throughout the saga. This was the only first print cover that reflected the style (the Image reprints of Bone #8 & #12 were the same). Obviously it's a tough black cover but a single 9.8 made an appearance a couple months ago. :/

bone26cgc960148097011.jpg

This is one of those books that is just a pain in the azz to search for in HG (black all the way around). I've never seen one raw that I thought would hit 9.6 or above so I jumped when this was offered. It has a nice cover too that would look fantastic as an SS. :)

bone39cgc960148366010.jpg

so this can be difficult to find in grade (the lone 9.6 popped up in February '08).

I guess the lone 9.6 was mine. I didn't realize it was Highest graded. This issue was purchased off the stands by me. I gotta check and see if I bought multiple copies !

IMG_1276.jpg

alright bone lovers..

i am missing the 4th printing of #1 and the 7th printing of #1..

correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm missing 'Bone' written in yellow (4th printing) and in a kind of lime-green/puke-green color (7th printing)...can anyone confirm these as the correct colors (chris, i'm lookin' at you)..

anyone got either of these for me? condition isn't super important (6.0+ is all i need)..

alright bone lovers..

i am missing the 4th printing of #1 and the 7th printing of #1..

correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm missing 'Bone' written in yellow (4th printing) and in a kind of lime-green/puke-green color (7th printing)...can anyone confirm these as the correct colors (chris, i'm lookin' at you)..

anyone got either of these for me? condition isn't super important (6.0+ is all i need)..

The 7th print is a very deep dark green. I have a qualified, signed, CGC 9.2

Interested?