• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,559 posts in this topic

As promised, the GS10, WR8, and TR32 (Baker art) are ones I picked up at the NYComicCon. I'm really happy with the Wartime Romances but I'd love to get an upgraded copy of TR32.

Great books!! Here is my one and only Baker romance book:

truelove3.jpg

Only one!!! But that's a good one!!! I think those Giant size issues are hard to come by!!! (thumbs u

I don't think we need to start a "Best Deal Ever" thread. BZ has been posting his collection for over a year now which probably was the best deal other than the original purchase of the Mile Highs and Larsons.

bb

I heard a story about this particular issue about how a bunch of them had been found in a warehouse and that's why there are some out there with some really high grades.

I always like to know about warehouse finds!!!! Maybe we should start a thread about that too!!!

:jokealert:

Seriously though, if you know about a find of a particular issue (especially St. Johns) I'd like to know what issues they were. This will affect what I buy & how much I will pay for them!!! Because I am buying nice St. Johns if I find them!!!

Those are great covers. They look like they are pretty high grade? What would you rate them as? Curious where you picked those up at? You don't see the Teen-Age Diary Secrets around too often. I wish I would have collected these in the 90's when they were pretty cheap.

Here are some more of what I have:

img050.jpg

Is that #29?

Same question.

Jack

Is that #29?

Same question.

Jack

That's # 15 as per the number on the cover. It's the 1953 series in the GCD. :gossip:

Thanks.

This #$%^ monitor is too dark even at max brightness.

Jack

Jack, if you are adding to the database here are some more. I tried once in the past to add but was unsuccesful. Feel free to add, such a great resource!

The Going Steady 10 is not on the database neither is the Tee Age Romances 32.

The below picture is Teen Age Diary Secrets 9. The one BB posted is Teen Age Diary Secrets 4.

Also attached are Diary Secrets 19 and Pictorial Romances 10 not in the database.

Hope this helps!

img047.jpg

img044.jpg

DS19.jpg

1633097574_9808aca507_b.jpg

bb

Is that #9?

OK for me to upload to GCD?

Thanks,

Jack

Jack,

The cover above is for Blue Ribbon #4. I posted the cover on the GCD website today as requested. There seemed to be some confusion about which issue this was and I hope that it is clear now. For confirmation, check the Gerber guide.

bb

1633097574_9808aca507_b.jpg

bb

Is that #9?

OK for me to upload to GCD?

Thanks,

Jack

Jack,

The cover above is for Blue Ribbon #4. I posted the cover on the GCD website today as requested. There seemed to be some confusion about which issue this was and I hope that it is clear now. For confirmation, check the Gerber guide.

bb

I was confused. (Is that even worth mentioning when it comes to the numbering of some of these old throwaway series?)

You're confirming that Blue Ribbon (St John) 4 and 5 (cover title Teen-Age Diary Secrets) are NOT the same as Teen-Age Diary Secrets (St John) 4 (noted in OS as oversized 9/49) and 5 (noted in OS and GCD as unnumbered, also 9/49). Those last two are not shown in Gerber, at least under the Teen-Age Diary Secrets title.

Looks like you've got it all straightened out at GCD -- thanks.

Nice to get these Baker covers straightened out, and it provides a chance to ogle his drawings of hot babes in tight dresses for noble, archival purposes.

Jack

Jack, if you are adding to the database here are some more. I tried once in the past to add but was unsuccesful. Feel free to add, such a great resource!

I'd be glad to guide you through the upload process if you're interested.

The Going Steady 10 is not on the database neither is the Tee Age Romances 32.

I uploaded Going Steady 10 and Teen-Age Romances 32.

The below picture is Teen Age Diary Secrets 9. The one BB posted is Teen Age Diary Secrets 4.

BB straightened out Teen Age Diary Secrets 4.

I uploaded Teen Age Diary Secrets 9. Interesting that 7 and 9 are digests.

Also attached are Diary Secrets 19 and Pictorial Romances 10 not in the database.

I uploaded Diary Secrets 19, but are you sure about Pictorial Romances 10?

Are you sure about Pictorial Romances 10?

GCD and Gerber show the cover you posted as 5 and a different one as 10.

How I suffer, having to carefully inspect all this Baker (et al) girlie artwork!

Thanks!

Jack

Hope this helps!

img047.jpg

img044.jpg

DS19.jpg

As far as I know there are Blue Ribbon comics 2, 4, 5 (4, 5 are listed as "Teen-Age Diary Secrets on cover) which are romance. And then there is Teen-Age Diary Secrets 4-9. How's that for confusion?

Jack,

You got it right now I think. There are so many different Diary Secrets. The first three issues were Blue Ribbon 2, 4 and 5 and then there were some oversized magazine issues. Regular size issues and pocket size issues were published for a while and they changed from Teen-age Diary Secrets to Diary Secrets. They also published Giant Size with remainder issues. I don't recall another title with such a complex numbering system and variety of formats. It isn't easy to keep it straight but I would just like to see the entire run so I can enjoy the Baker art. Can we do a run of Authentic Police cases and Phantom Lady after we finish all of the Romance issues.

bb

Can we do a run of Authentic Police cases and Phantom Lady after we finish all of the Romance issues.

bb

I am done with my Romance issues but here's one to start on the Authentic Police Cases -

59925-AuthenticPoliceCases18s.jpg.b27cf75f1002ec42e68251c67d429cdd.jpg

Can we do a run of Authentic Police cases and Phantom Lady after we finish all of the Romance issues.

bb

I am done with my Romance issues but here's one to start on the Authentic Police Cases -

Baker was great wasn't he? (thumbs u

Here are 2 issues I won from Comiclink about 2 weeks ago:

apc24.jpg

apc34.jpg