• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,551 posts in this topic

On 11/29/2022 at 9:12 AM, MB1952 said:

Title Matt Baker art/ Vince Colletta art signed. 

Dated Sept/1959 Charlton. I don't see any Baker but it's a lovely Splash. 

IMG_0400.jpg

That is lovely!  Colletta actually spent some time with this page.

:luhv:

On 11/30/2022 at 10:52 PM, comicnoir said:

This just appeared.

There's a strange appeal to me for a book that shows it's age but still presents the cover image nicely.  Maybe not five digits nice....

On 11/30/2022 at 11:52 PM, comicnoir said:

I wonder if this is that completely chewed up and destroyed copy we saw a few months back that sold twice fast.  Pretty aggressive ask for a book that's conserved and still looks so rough.  Wonder why they'd bother to do the leaf casting but not go all out and just have it professionally CTed.  Granted I have no idea how much professional resto costs, but for what they're asking and what it looks like now you'd think it might be worth 1k or more to do that.

Edited by szav

On 12/1/2022 at 3:44 PM, szav said:

I wonder if this is that completely chewed up and destroyed copy we saw a few months back that sold twice fast.  Pretty aggressive ask for a book that's conserved and still looks so rough.  Wonder why they'd bother to do the leaf casting but not go all out and just have it professionally CTed.  Granted I have no idea how much professional resto costs, but for what they're asking and what it looks like now you'd think it might be worth 1k or more to do that.

I hope it sells. Not that it deserves to, but for other obvious reasons.