• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,578 posts in this topic

Since CL25 was mentioned above, I thought I would point out that there is a 4.0 white page copy that went up for sale on Instagram today. Dealer is asking 18k. I’m not sure how much room if any he has but let me know if you want the Instagram handle. I haven’t bought from him before but he does a lot of live sales and is pretty well known in the community.

On 12/1/2022 at 7:04 PM, C. Spaulding said:

Since CL25 was mentioned above, I thought I would point out that there is a 4.0 white page copy that went up for sale on Instagram today. Dealer is asking 18k. I’m not sure how much room if any he has but let me know if you want the Instagram handle. I haven’t bought from him before but he does a lot of live sales and is pretty well known in the community.

Send me the handle please.

On 12/1/2022 at 6:04 PM, C. Spaulding said:

I saw that as well. Seems like a better deal than the Conserved one -- if you have that type of money, of course.

I do love, however, the common IG theme of "OMG guys, I just got my most prized grail comic ever! I've been waiting my lifetime to get a copy. Let me make a video and talk about the hotness and get those likes and comments."

Cut to 2 days later: Grail is for sale, with a price bump, of course.

And this is not just the little guys, either.

On 12/2/2022 at 8:56 AM, manetteska said:

I saw that as well. Seems like a better deal than the Conserved one -- if you have that type of money, of course.

I do love, however, the common IG theme of "OMG guys, I just got my most prized grail comic ever! I've been waiting my lifetime to get a copy. Let me make a video and talk about the hotness and get those likes and comments."

I think I would find that “hucksterism” depressing, and this is a good reminder why I avoid IG

On 12/2/2022 at 9:00 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
On 12/2/2022 at 8:56 AM, manetteska said:

I think I would find that “hucksterism” depressing, and this is a good reminder why I avoid IG

While it may pay off in some sales for the IG account, it leads me to specifically avoid buying from them -- on IG or at shows.

However, I am but a small fish.

On 12/2/2022 at 10:12 AM, manetteska said:

While it may pay off in some sales for the IG account, it leads me to specifically avoid buying from them -- on IG or at shows.

I find Instagram more tolerable with the volume off. If I never hear the phrase ‘minty fresh’ again it will be too soon. I’m not exactly sure what that even means but I know it means I’m not buying it.

I recently saw a book I was interested in on IG. Had one hand held cocked photo in a bag with reflections. With “make offer”.  I sent the seller a DM asking for a grade. I got back “pretty nice but it has no back cover”. So I sent him an offer and never heard back…

Who actually spends their money this way? Not me. 

On 12/2/2022 at 9:12 AM, manetteska said:

I was confused by the influx of unofficial sellers operating out of their briefcases at the recent Collectors Summit here in dallas, and was told they were IG sellers

On 12/2/2022 at 8:23 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I was confused by the influx of unofficial sellers operating out of their briefcases at the recent Collectors Summit here in dallas, and was told they were IG sellers

Wasn’t that the whole point? My take is that it was collectors dealing with other collectors. On a rather high end level. 

So, I have bought and sold on IG, its like ebay there are credible sellers and there are good deals just as there are bad ones. You have the community to assist but in doubt use paypal G&S as insurance. 

I have found some big books as some of those IG guys are also board members, ebay sellers, even dealers. There are a lot of flippers but isnt that the case everywhere lol 

On 12/2/2022 at 10:56 AM, Changer said:

There are a lot of flippers but isnt that the case everywhere lol 

Definitely. But it's much easier to track the flippers in GA due to the limited supply.

It's usually only a couple internet hops from a For Sale post to the exact auction they bought it from a week earlier, with the juice, of course.

On 12/2/2022 at 12:13 PM, Changer said:

Here is a Frazzetta I got from a Dealer for a decent price, I met through IG, Sinbad comics.   sometimes you find a diamond in the rough. 

famousfunnies213_highGrade.jpg

So you are the one....

I saw it and liked it, but the price (even though very reasonable, esp now) I couldn't swing.

Unfortunately, the GA comic prices on my Must Have List continue to outpace my buying funds.