• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Baker Romance
43 43

13,578 posts in this topic

On 1/25/2023 at 10:52 PM, comicnoir said:

First time posting this.

teen-age romances 45.jpeg

One of his best. The "Re-issue of originals" disclaimer is unusual. Presumably it refers to the fact that only the cover was new; the stories being all reprints. Is this the only book on which that disclaimer appears?

On 2/28/2023 at 8:19 PM, Sqeggs said:

One of his best. The "Re-issue of originals" disclaimer is unusual. Presumably it refers to the fact that only the cover was new; the stories being all reprints. Is this the only book on which that disclaimer appears?

Yes.

On 2/28/2023 at 8:16 PM, comicnoir said:

The WTR 7 I posted earlier was graded NM by Chuck. Of course, it may have knocked about a bit before it was graded. He graded the Hawk 11 as a FN.

That's quite the miscut for a NM.

Yeah, I think that was another bad decision by CGC. Presumably it was ignored, or largely so, because it was a production defect.

This book doesn't have the eye appeal of a 7.0, imo. 

dia4.20a.jpeg

On 2/28/2023 at 8:22 PM, Sqeggs said:

Yeah, I think that was another bad decision by CGC. Presumably it was ignored, or largely so, because it was a production defect.

This book doesn't have the eye appeal of a 7.0, imo. 

dia4.20a.jpeg

I have the 6.5 of this issue that looks way better because of no mis-cut.

On 3/5/2023 at 2:06 PM, manetteska said:

D3F07F0C-BD3F-4F04-B993-D7350463EB20.thumb.jpeg.c2dbde8a40a67c8614671e16f71e430c.jpeg

Nice book. I like it about as much as 25 honestly. It's just less colorful. I thought up until a few seconds ago that she was thinking about the night before or some wonderful night of her life when she dancing on the clouds.

Now I see all the girls have different hair styles . The small one in the back isn't even her I think. Now I'm not sure if they are all her, all the same guy, all the same night, or what's going on in her pretty little head.

On 3/5/2023 at 11:28 AM, Professor K said:

Nice book. I like it about as much as 25 honestly. It's just less colorful. I thought up until a few seconds ago that she was thinking about the night before or some wonderful night of her life when she dancing on the clouds.

Now I see all the girls have different hair styles . The small one in the back isn't even her I think. Now I'm not sure if they are all her, all the same guy, all the same night, or what's going on in her pretty little head.

Yeah, sucks for her.  I don’t think Prince Charming is showing up in that neighborhood!

On 3/5/2023 at 3:48 PM, Yorick said:

She didn't get to go to the Dance?

Oh, Maybe. She's thinking about something that hasn't even happened. She's in love with Mr Brownsuit but she's never actually been to a dance with him. Maybe he stood her up or broke the date at the last minute. Something Suddenly Came Up. 

Edited by Professor K
spelling correction