• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'll slip in a winning bid on this puppy under the radar...I KNOW I will!

17 posts in this topic

Nice copy. I am a little suspect of the guys feedback. Up to this point he has just been selling low value items and suddenly he is selling a Am. Spider-man #129 CGC 9.6??? Also, he doesn't put his actual location. Why not???

If you look at his other items for sale, it's not just "suddenly" he's selling an ASM 129. He's selling a big run of ASM, including high grade CGC graded copies of 10, 22, and 121. If it is a scam it's brilliant because he spent so much time making it look exactly like it would look if a long-time ASM collector sold his collection.

Holy [!@#%^&^]!! Are you actually going to spend over 1,100 on this copy? smile.gif

The bidding was at ~$850 when I first posted, but ~$1200 is not a terrible price for this book...I challenge you to get it cheaper. It might go for ~$1000 a year or two from now.

It might go for ~$1000 a year or two from now.

looks like JC did pound something into your noggin after all. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gifthumbsup2.gif

Although he might tell you differently, JC isn't the only person around here that can recognize movie hype. Some of us evil, greedy, poorman slims actually make money on it from time to time so we can spot all the warning signs shocked.gif

looks like JC did pound something into your noggin after all. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893whatthe.gifthumbsup2.gif

hehe, NO WAY! 893naughty-thumb.gif Delekkerste maybe, but not joe...he's too much in love with radical, blanket speculations about the future. And like Rob said, you don't buy during movie hype, you sell, unless the price miraculously is low for whatever reason, and I knew that after the X-Men movie drew me back into collecting and I saw the higher prices it garnered in 2000 that dropped off in 2001. Sometimes movie hype isn't an absolute truth...I got a few nice Spideys in February/March 2002 for very nice prices, but movie hype kicked in late on that movie around April and I barely bought another Spidey for 6 months after that.

Nice copy. I am a little suspect of the guys feedback. Up to this point he has just been selling low value items and suddenly he is selling a Am. Spider-man #129 CGC 9.6??? Also, he doesn't put his actual location. Why not???

If you look at his other items for sale, it's not just "suddenly" he's selling an ASM 129. He's selling a big run of ASM, including high grade CGC graded copies of 10, 22, and 121. If it is a scam it's brilliant because he spent so much time making it look exactly like it would look if a long-time ASM collector sold his collection.

You are probably right. I just don't like bidding on stuff from a guy with low feedback who is all of a sudden selling big dollar items and doesn't put where he is from. I am a weird like that when it comes to ebay. It is a nice book and I wouldn't mind having it.

You are probably right. I just don't like bidding on stuff from a guy with low feedback who is all of a sudden selling big dollar items and doesn't put where he is from. I am a weird like that when it comes to ebay. It is a nice book and I wouldn't mind having it.

He's from "United States /Phoenix." He just uses the "location" field to add a little humor or to make a little statement. Plenty of sellers do that. DiscoDadda has been from "I BLEED RED, WHITE AND BLUE" for over two years. It's not that big of a deal.

Guy seems legit - I saw his auctions for a bit and he even emailed me ahead to let me know he made a mistake in his pptsm listing and that I would need to rebid...he cancelled the old listing fixed the description and relisted at same price...so it seems that he is just getting rid of his ASM...he told me he will be selling hulk and x-men next

smile.gif I actually already have ASM #129...bought it about 17 years ago for 210 Canadian dollars. I have it posted if you want to see the pic (everyone is saying it's between a 8.0 - 8.5). So did I meet your challange? tongue.gif

:) I actually already have ASM #129...bought it about 17 years ago for 210 Canadian dollars. I have it posted if you want to see the pic (everyone is saying it's between a 8.0 - 8.5). So did I meet your challange? tongue.gif

I'm afraid you didn't meet the challenge...this copy is a 9.6 and yours is an 8.0/8.5. I have a copy that's around 9.0/9.2 I bought three years ago for $125, but it's not as nice as the one in this auction.