• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JIM 89 HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42 posts in this topic

I bought the Syd's copy back from another board member on Pedigree today. That was my book from Harry (the guy who bought the book new off the stands), then I sold it to a forumite and now bought it back. Sweet book!

I'm sad that I could not afford the 9.2 that went for $4500 2 years ago.

:(

That is arguably one of THE best covers of the Silver Age and a big grail of mine!

It's also very tough to find for sale. Tough in high grade and people do not part with them easy.

R.

I bought the Syd's copy back from another board member on Pedigree today. That was my book from Harry (the guy who bought the book new off the stands), then I sold it to a forumite and now bought it back. Sweet book!

That is arguably one of THE best covers of the Silver Age and a big grail of mine!

It's also very tough to find for sale. Tough in high grade and people do not part with them easy.

R.

Yeah , what he said !......... ;);) .....................BH

R.

Now that is GOOD NEWS....I was always sad that you had to sell it ...ORIGIN of Thor with the icon cover and TRULY scarce in grade....wow.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. $1500 is cheap for that book.

R.

Now that is GOOD NEWS....I was always sad that you had to sell it ...ORIGIN of Thor with the icon cover and TRULY scarce in grade....wow.GOD BLESS...

Thanks Jim. I agree it's a great book. More good news...my undercopy goes for sale soon....unless I decide to hoard this book.

:shy:

JIM89roy-1.jpg

R.

Thanks Jim. I agree it's a great book. More good news...my undercopy goes for sale soon....unless I decide to hoard this book.

JIM89roy-1.jpg

NICE....That'll last all of about 3 seconds on the marketplace....GOD BLESS...

May not even last that long...pm's have started.

lol

I still have to decide whether I am selling or not. There is only one thing that I did not truly love on the 8.5...the cover centering. My copy...though lower grade is the best centered copy I have ever seen. Better than the 9.6.

R.

I know it's a difficult book in grade...putting it mildly, but beyond that, sitting with other JIM's, what set's it apart (shrug)

Very popular cover.

It would appear that after sitting relatively quietly for the last couple of years after a massive run-up, early HG JIMs are poised to make a big move again, in line with the big movements in other SA Marvels.

That book was on eBay for less than 24 hrs. The owner is a veterinarian from GA. He told me via e-mail that he was sending it back to CGC to try and get a 9.4 a little less than 2 weeks ago. I guess he had a change or heart. (shrug)

CC

What was the price on Ebay?

May not even last that long...pm's have started.

lol

I still have to decide whether I am selling or not. There is only one thing that I did not truly love on the 8.5...the cover centering. My copy...though lower grade is the best centered copy I have ever seen. Better than the 9.6.

R.

I know what you mean...I had a time where I had 3 FF 13's, 3 FF 16's,3 FF 18's, and 2 Avengers 3's.Never mind having multiples of my fav's....I mean who buys 1 share of stock...unless it's Berkshire Hathaway.GOD BLESS...

Never mind...just found it...isn't he a board member here?

R.

Here are the links

LINK 1

LINK 2

BTW the 8.5 is VERY Nice. (thumbs u (thumbs u Marnin Rosenberg has 9.4 or 9.6 RAW copy of JIM 89. It looks better than the one in the Pedigree Vault. It very well may be the best "existing" copy.

R.

JIM89roy-1.jpg

What do you grade this one? A VF or a VF+?

CC