• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JIM 89 HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42 posts in this topic

Didnt know that J. Keith Contarino was a Veterinarian. I wonder what other treasures he has locked up in his collection. I still miss his old market reports in the Overstreet monthlies in the 90s.

I was mostly a moderns seller in the 90's, till i met Keith, he started me on Silver Age. I never looked back after that, also worked with his brother Peter.

Peter Contarino is a great guy!

Hahaha lol I will not post pictures on these boards of the book, but join the NOD and you can see for yourself. It's better. A true 9.4 which many including CGC would probably consider 9.6 (They will NEVER see this book). Pictures of it can be found at the end of the thread entitled," My Private Collection."

***BTW it's completely virgin meaning unlike the ones in the Pedigree vault or the vast majority of Pac Coast books it's NEVER be pressed, ect. It's almost fluffy. :luhv:

CC

The PC copy was a virgin 9.6. It had no need to be pressed as the only flaw was a single spine stress, and a tiny pre-marvel chip.

I'm not sure why you'd cast aspersions on a book you've never seen.

BTW - I don't doubt the quality of Marnin's copy. He once told me about a stunning J.I.M. #84 in his private collection, which may well actually be the best copy in existence.