• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 CGC 8.0 WHITE PAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

68 posts in this topic

I've used dry mount presses and tacking irons to mount photographic prints before. The temperatures are adjustable, so it is possible to dial in a very benign amount of heat. These tools are commonly used by individuals for pressing comics.

Here is an example of a dry mount press that could be used:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/393862-REG/Seal_Bienfang_SE1406_250_Commercial_Dry_Mount.html

Any downward force is distributed equally, and it is possible to control how much pressure is applied. The upper platen has a layer of foam that further helps protect the item being pressed.

And a tacking iron for treatment of more localized problem spots:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/47228-REG/Seal_Bienfang_SE1288_Tacking_Iron_Sealector.html

I still haven't made my mind up about pressing just yet... so I'm still lumping into "conservatory actions." I do believe deliberate professional pressing should be disclosed. The only type of pressing that I could care less about is simply sticking a comic under a pile of books or turning ones long boxes on end.

since we are wallowing in nostalgia here, one must remember that pressing out a few bad areas is not the same as pressing an entire book... that the pressing that raises grades and values is 9 times out of 10 just fixing a few small issues that CGC has problems with.... so no staples are popping or pancaked books are being created... just money out of thin air.

I still haven't made my mind up about pressing just yet... so I'm still lumping into "conservatory actions." I do believe deliberate professional pressing should be disclosed. The only type of pressing that I could care less about is simply sticking a comic under a pile of books or turning ones long boxes on end.

Mile Highs were "pressed" naturally...stored in 6-feet high vertical stacks...not sure if they were rotated over time...

Mile Highs were "pressed" naturally...stored in 6-feet high vertical stacks...not sure if they were rotated over time...

But were they given life preservers ???

Book sold for the asking price of $66k!?!?! Insane I tell ya!!! Anyone here the lucky owner of the book?

The buyer or the seller? Both did well but the seller made out like a bandit.

The buyer. I'd say the seller did very well! I wonder if this book will cool down at some point