• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #13 CGC 5.5

14 posts in this topic

Hmm...now that I look at it again, I think it IS in a magazine holder. Is CGC putting Golden Age that are too big for their comics holders into magazine holders? Actually, that book doesn't seem like it would be too big for a regular comics holder...it doesn't have a spine roll or a funky cut. What gives? confused.gif

The book is in a magazine size holder. I had sent it into CGC the first time and they got scared that it was not going to fit properly in the comic holder. Upon getting it back I spoke with them and learned that Superman 4 thru 20 seem to have this problem of being about a fraction of an inch too large. I waited a few months and then upon hearing about the magazine holder I resubmitted. They were more than happy to help me out.

I had sent it into CGC the first time and they got scared that it was not going to fit properly in the comic holder. Upon getting it back I spoke with them and learned that Superman 4 thru 20 seem to have this problem of being about a fraction of an inch too large.

This seems odd to me. Wouldn't Superman be the same size as every other DC book being published at the time? I've had every issue of Superman between 10 and 20 certified with no problem at all.

If the copy in this eBay listing had an obvious spine role, or a really funky cut to it, it would make more sense. I'm assuming this auction is on the up and up, but a more detailed scan in the listing or on this thread would be appreciated.

Isn't this what we all decided years ago that CGC was for? I sent the book to them and they responded by telling me that the book has no spine roll & no mis-cut. It was a simple problem of DC manufacturing the book slighlty large. The book would have fit in the reg. size holder but CGC felt that they could risk injuring the book. The end result was to use a magazine holder.

Again, if the book had spine roll or poor cut CGC would have noted this on the holder. That is what we pay them the big bucks for.