• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

just got back from a midnight show WANTED! Holy jumpin shiteballs!

81 posts in this topic

I puzzled how so many guys say they cant stand Jolie? Didnt you ever see GIA? Is the problem that she turned out to be a savvy businessman and actress and not just another dumb compliant wacky bimbo? More power to her I say. Although I realize that she used to be facked up on drugs and blood vials and tattoos, and is now facked up on kids and family (like the Cheech and Chong routine about religious nuts who used to be druggies)

I puzzled how so many guys say they cant stand Jolie? Didnt you ever see GIA? Is the problem that she turned out to be a savvy businessman and actress and not just another dumb compliant wacky bimbo? More power to her I say. Although I realize that she used to be facked up on drugs and blood vials and tattoos, and is now facked up on kids and family (like the Cheech and Chong routine about religious nuts who used to be druggies)

Aman, too often, haters don't need a reason,

just a target... :sorry:

AJ is (thumbs u in my book.

Girl, Interrupted. :cloud9:

Her one really decent film, with an excellent performance from her. Her problem is not that she's a bad actress (she isn't) but that she's made more than her fair share of turkeys, many of which are potboiler action films.

I'd say it's when she "facked up on drugs and blood vials & hanging with Billy Bob", and "close, other" people and then started preaching how she knows what's best for everyone else...that she lost credibility. She still doesn't hurt the eyes...just taints the soul. :o

Any other opinions? Matrix one was one of the top movies ever IMO.

2 & 3 not so great, but worth seeing IMO (considering I liked 1 that much).

I just finished watching the hulk, and was pleasantly surprised. Much better than I expected... still not quite there yet on CG, but miles better than the 1st. Also like the subtle references to the 70s show (anyone catch eddie's father?).

Hint... always use darkness and rain during cg scenes (jurrasic park anyone?).

Anyways, wanted is getting ripped as a very weak matrix wannabe on yahoo boards.

Any other input before I decide to take the plunge? You guys saved me from seeing the happening on the big screen. (thumbs u All opinions welcome.

Matrix is one of my top 10 action movies of all time, 2 + 3 do not exist in my world, they were so bad I cannot believe the same creative team made them.

I just saw Wanted, definitely had its moments. Not a great film, but had original fight scenes. The curving bullet shot was getting old by the end for me though. As for AJ, I think she is so hot its crazy, guess she has a certain look that you either love or hate.

AJ is (thumbs u in my book.

Girl, Interrupted. :cloud9:

Her one really decent film, with an excellent performance from her. Her problem is not that she's a bad actress (she isn't) but that she's made more than her fair share of turkeys, many of which are potboiler action films.

I take it you didn't like Mr. & Mrs. Smith? That movie rocked as well. Those lips and those brea.... I mean lungs. :cloud9:

Brother dragged me to see it and I was pleasantly surprised.

Of course, I didn't really want to see it so I didn't have much in the way of expectations.

AJ doesn't speak much so she's ok in the movie.

The comparisons to Matrix don't really work beyond the 'One' concept. But that's a common concept in much scifi/fantasy so it's not like the Wachowski brothers invented it.

Zod was good. Freeman's little speech at the end was good. The kid was pretty good, too.

Nothing to be added to the dvd collection when it comes out but worth the ticket price.

Is the problem that she turned out to be a savvy businessman and actress and not just another dumb compliant wacky bimbo?

Yeah. That's it exactly. It has nothing to do with the fact that she has been in more bombs than Baghdad. Like Ben Afleck, she might have had a shining moment or two, but at some point I just get sick of seeing them and the krappy projects they pick. Saying that "she's hot" (which she is) doesn't make up for the fact that her movies tend to pander to the lowest common denominator and represent the worst of the big budget, small brained Hollywood tripe that has been coming out lately.

Hey, I don't need reasons though, cause I guess I just like to hate, and insist on stupid, silly things like character development and coherent plots when I see movies. lol

I saw the movie this afternoon with a couple of friends. We all loved it. I saw the plot twist coming about halfway during the movie but that didn't bother me because I was enjoying the over the top action sequences.

Spoiler Alert:

I loved the part where Wesley tells off his boss after he decides to join the "Fraternity"!

Brother dragged me to see it and I was pleasantly surprised.

Of course, I didn't really want to see it so I didn't have much in the way of expectations.

AJ doesn't speak much so she's ok in the movie.

The comparisons to Matrix don't really work beyond the 'One' concept. But that's a common concept in much scifi/fantasy so it's not like the Wachowski brothers invented it.

Zod was good. Freeman's little speech at the end was good. The kid was pretty good, too.

Nothing to be added to the dvd collection when it comes out but worth the ticket price.

Isnt it one brother and one sister for the Wachowskis now?

Isnt it one brother and one sister for the Wachowskis now?

well rumours swirl, i suppose.

but Larry still claims he's Larry despite the rumours and his penchant for crossdressing.

Angelina Jolie is the hottest woman in the world.My wife even wants to "sleep" with her,she's so hot.WHY THE HATERS? (shrug)

haters are everywhere - just ignore them and enjoy what you are predisposed to enjoy!

CAL who hates the haters

Holy Cap!

Wanted is really flying, and making more $$$ per theater than Wall-E, and is not far behind in the totals either.

That's crazy for an R-rated movie these days, especially when you take into account that kids usually buy a G or PG ticket at the multi-plex, then hit the R movies.

I wonder how much money it *really* made - $75 million,100?

:o:o:o