• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

just got back from a midnight show WANTED! Holy jumpin shiteballs!

81 posts in this topic

$51mm is crazy good- terrific job of counter marketing vs wall-e and fortunate scheduling having the three duds (get smart, hulk and love guru) right in front of it. i suspect it'll drop like a stone but $125-150mm has to be beyond the studio's wildest dreams. this further insures the tidal wave of comic book related movies will continue.

this further insures the tidal wave of comic book related movies will continue.

But this movie has virtually nothing to do with the comic book - on the other hand. I think it will cause a rush to license more funny book properties, if only for the characters or basic concept.

Saw it this afternoon...good movie.

Train scene a little much, but overall a great flick.

For once, a movie is going to make me buy comics and not the other way around. Looking forward to reading the original books.

BTW, did anyone else notice that Mark Silvestri was executive producer?

For once, a movie is going to make me buy comics and not the other way around. Looking forward to reading the original books.

I wouldn't recommend it, as the movie is based on maybe 1% of the Wanted series.

I wouldn't recommend it, as the movie is based on maybe 1% of the Wanted series.

I saw it Saturday night. If you like movies with hot chicks, blood, gratuitous sex, blood, inventive graphic violence, blood, car chases, blood, fighting, blood, no respect for reality as you know it, and last but not least, blood, you'll love it. :popcorn:

I was not expecting much, but decided to give it a chance, and I actually thought it was pretty damn good. I'm a fan of blood, and this movie did not let me down. Not Oscar material, but a damn fine action movie. NOT for the kiddies. :applause:

Glad you liked the film Rich...but I have one question. How on earth were you able to get out of the house with a new baby at home???? Mine are 3 1/2 and 1 respectively and I am lucky whenever I get to go to the bathroom in private! Forget about getting out of the house and actually doing something besides going to Costco. What is your secret?

hm

Baby not home yet! Everyone coming home today.

So last night was my very last night to do something alone...for a loooong time.

And it was a tough choice.

Do I...make cocktails...? Blast my surround sound movie theatre...?

ALL the ABOVE?

And then I saw that there was a midnight show and I wanted to see the movie...not knowing when I would get out again...last second...screw it. I'm going!

THEN I got home at 2:30 AM...and stayed up till 4 AM blasting Mad Max Thunderdome!

Oi. tired. But worth it! Last night of singlehood :thumbsup:

Anyone married knows what it's like...you get the house to yourself for even a DAY...it's like a mini-vacation!

I tell any young man who will listen:

ENJOY your freedom while you can

once you are married

you are "buried"

your time and activities will be dictated by someone else...

CAL who has paid the price for years...

I saw it cause my daughter wanted to (yeah, I was shocked too, she slept during Batman Returns). Well, there were plenty of cool visuals, stuff Ive never seen before. But wow, just a pretty stupid movie. I got really bored during the long training scenes. And dont get me started about the killer long range see it in reverse angle assassinations!

I never understand why writers show us how amazingly good the heroes and villains are with their talents... but, when the plot needs them to, they either cant set up a shot, or cant find their target, or miss them entirely??? When you can bend bullets and shoot a guy from miles away in your bedroom????

Anyway, AJ looks great, but nowadays, only from fewer angles. Age is a beeyotch, huh girls? Oh, surprise #2 - - my daughter liked it!

I wasn't interested in seeing this after how stupid the commercials looked, but went ahead and chose this movie today based on Rich Henn's review (best action movie in years... since the Matrix) and wish I hadn't read his review. The movie is OK if you're a teenager and don't care for anything realistic in the plot. But I wasn't impressed and got bored also due to the -script. Jolie isn't special to me (even though a friend of mine went to school with her and she still thinks she's IT). So if this is you're type of movie, then go for it. If you're not impressed with the commercial, then pass is my suggestion.

I escaped last night and went to see this movie. Yeah, way behind the times me!

Enjoyed it immensely, partly because I hardly get out these days, and partly because I sneaked a small bottle of vodka in with me (thumbs u

The booze probably helped, as it is a very silly but entertaining film!

If were taking it seriously, I'd have a couple of problems with the main character:

I can understand him ditching his cheating, nagging girlfriend, but what about his baby daughter? Did he simply disown her to go off and live the 'cool super-assassin' life?

The 'loom of fate'. As soon as Morgan explained the system I was like "so in other words Morgan chooses the victims for his own agenda". Couldn't be more obvious. More importantly, how stupid is McAvoy's character for accepting it? He protested at first but was convinced by Jolie's stupid appeal to emotion? What a insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

His voice-over was incredibly arrogant and condescending too: "I've killed several people and I'm all cool and assassiny... what've YOU done today?", "I used to be pathetic, like YOU."

Excuse me, I'm reasonably unpathetic in my own small way thanks very much, and at least I don't go around murdering innocent people indiscriminately having abandoned my baby daughter :P

All good fun though :grin:

EDIT: 'What an spoon' just sounds wrong, so changed expletive ;)

I've seen Wanted twice. In neither viewing was there a baby daughter. A cat, yes, and a seriously whiny person_without_enough_empathy of a girlfriend, but no daughter.

I think I must have bought tickets to the wrong movie then? I missed the baby daughter completely...

ditto.

Unless he meant the cat.

lol at myself!

I just realised it was a huge mistaken assumption on my part! I heard the line 'feed Annabel' and just assumed they were talking about a baby.

doh!

So anyway, yeah, what a mess abandoning his pet cat like that! :o

EDIT: Remember the part about me taking a little bottle of Vod in with me? Pretty good excuse I think :grin: