• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POST YOUR CHICAGO CON BOOKS HERE

160 posts in this topic

beautiful Wonderworld; here's another.

ww4.jpg

"and, it is the only one in the room" lol

that was funny; i counted 4, and his was the worst one!

GREAT books Billy. Not a single one I would kick out of bed.

(worship)

thanks brother; i did have a wonderful time, and filled some nice holes to boot.

Beautiful More Fun 66. I don't remember seeing that one at the show.

it sorta went from one briefcase to another.

Pesky goodoldboysclub members! :pullhair:

it's that sec loyalty thing.

ChicagoWizard08-118.jpg

My best find at Chicago Wizard was from a toy seller near the back who only had about 12 comics on a wall rack. Got a Science Comics #4 with Lou Fine cover and choice outer space story by Simon/Kirby. Front cover is fn- but back cover has brittle edges, but at 1/2 price, :takeit:

Human Torch #12 was not bought in Chicago, but awaiting me as soon as I came back to Canada. :banana:

great job A...I was going to buy the Science 4, but the brittle pages killed it for me relative to his asking price, you must have beat him down, glad you got it (thumbs u

Great books Roy and beautiful book, Angelo :hi:

I found the same thing, just overwhelming niceness...this was my last purchase...I saw it and went to go ask Rick, my MM guru, what he thought...Rick was off buying stuff for his kids and Roy just stepped right up, dropped everything and went over to the dealer with me...it was so nice of him...and I really am glad I got the book...I hadn't purchased too much and I was looking for a tied up lady cover;) or something...;) to make the trip complete...

mm890001.jpg

"Liquid asbestos" -- great choice.

I tell ya, those chemistry-related covers are HOT WITH A BULLET!

Jack

Nor do I.

:baiting:

sorry, was already promised to the big geek in the purple shirt with funny writing on it

I was kind of directing that at Andy (October)...it seemed we were both interested in ALL the same books. I pretty much looked at or bought every book he looked at.

lol

Nonetheless this secrethandshakeandrubmycraniumforacomic BS has got to stop.

Nor do I.

sorry, was already promised to the big geek in the purple shirt with funny writing on it

I was kind of directing that at Andy (October)...it seemed we were both interested in ALL the same books. I pretty much looked at or bought every book he looked at.

lol

Nonetheless this secrethandshakeandrubmycraniumforacomic BS has got to stop.

if it makes you feel any better, I like them all too (thumbs u

My first Larson. :cloud9:

saw it at the forum dinner, loved it!

Thanks Rick. I was just speaking to Stephen Ritter on the phone. Apparently, this book was stolen in San Diego 3 years ago and recovered less than a month ago. CGC noticed it and alerted Stephen. And Stephen said it would be in a dominant spot under the Larson listing when (if?) that book on pedigrees ever gets published. Woo hoo!

it sorta went from one briefcase to another.

Pesky goodoldboysclub members! :pullhair:

it's that sec loyalty thing.

It can't run that deep. I go to Vandy and I wasn't included! :mad:

Nor do I.

It was pretty funny...at least once I got over my blinding anger and bitterness.

Nor do I.

It was pretty funny...at least once I got over my blinding anger and bitterness.

I offered them back at cost...you folded.

Nor do I.

Oh, I was all for the purchases....my bank account was not being cooperative though.

Nor do I.

Oh, I was all for the purchases....my bank account was not being cooperative though.

Too many sweet books....my gosh.

R.

For those that don't frequent Comics General, allow me to wax poetic for a moment. The great thing about the boards, aside from the books, are the people. I sold some books to Metro and was eyeing a couple of Wonderworld Comics they had. I ran over to the Bedrock booth and summoned the services of Rick (Detective27kid) & George (1koko) to help me decide which book(s) to go with. We settled on the Wonderworld 5 Nova Scotia. Their help was invaluable in making my decision. I thank you both again for your assistance and expertise and making the con so special for me (worship)

WonderworldComics5.jpg

That is a great book, Angelo. Congrats :applause: