• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

greggy's slightly different (for me) Chicago report

143 posts in this topic

Another great report!

IRON SHEIK!!! :sumo::roflmao:

What a blast from the past....he looks the same as he did way back when on WTBS. (OT, but related to the Sheik: Who was that dude that spit out the green spray into people's faces back in those days?)

I would have loved to seen you take a header into the pavement. :insane:

I felt him grope my backside on the way down.

From the buttocks to the ankles.

Another great report!

What a blast from the past....he looks the same as he did way back when on WTBS. (OT, but related to the Sheik: Who was that dude that spit out the green spray into people's faces back in those days?)

Great Muta?

Dude, just want to say it was good to meet you.

That book almost didn't make it. I had to find a Rawhide Kid #45 that was affordable hence the want to buy post a few weeks ago (Kudos to Boyd at Black Cat Comics who is a forumite and also was set up right behind us in Chicago).

Then I had to make a repro cover that flee had made for me. Some poor girl took 1 hour at Staples or Office Depot and did it all wrong. Cost me about $5. Then I went to kinkos and ended up paying like $30 for a nicer repro (with an authentic looking back cover).

Then I had to overnight the book Monday June 23 to Steve Borock (who was a gentleman in handling it for me) so it could get slabbed in time for Chicago.

Finally greggy (much to my dis-appointment) showed up late to the dinner. I almost thought all the work was for nothing.

I presented the book to greggy for being our all around favorite forumite just before dinner on Saturday.

:applause:

Forumite most unlike what I expected them to look like – Tie between seanfingh and nochips.

You weren't expecting short, pale and chubby? You've seen my picture so you knew I was pale and chubby. :screwy:

Biggest whiney fanboy – seanfingh for having to line-up to do his own Warren Ellis SS and MK when he found out that we went for lunch without him.

I ended up really enjoying it!

I also enjoyed meeting you, g!

That book almost didn't make it. I had to find a Rawhide Kid #45 that was affordable (Kudos to Boyd at Black Cat Comics who is a forumite and also was set up right behind us in Chicago).

Then I had to make a repro cover that flee had made for me. Some poor girl took 1 hour and did it all wrong. Cost me about $5. Then I went to kinkos and ended up paying like $30 for a nicer repro (with an authentic looking back cover).

Then I had to overnight the book Monday June 23 to Steve Borock (who was a gentleman in handling it for me) so it could get slabbed in time for Chicago.

Finally greggy (much to my dis-appointment) showed up late to the dinner. I almost thought all the work was for nothing.

I presented the book to greggy for being our all around favorite forumite just before dinner on Saturday.

I was late because nik was taking a sweet nap and then had to change and smoke before we left. Yeah...I'm passing the buck on this one.

Forumite most unlike what I expected them to look like – Tie between seanfingh and nochips.

You weren't expecting short, pale and chubby? You've seen my picture so you knew I was pale and chubby. :screwy:

Biggest whiney fanboy – seanfingh for having to line-up to do his own Warren Ellis SS and MK when he found out that we went for lunch without him.

You looked like a 15 year old teenager. Not a partner in a law firm. lol

That book almost didn't make it. I had to find a Rawhide Kid #45 that was affordable (Kudos to Boyd at Black Cat Comics who is a forumite and also was set up right behind us in Chicago).

Then I had to make a repro cover that flee had made for me. Some poor girl took 1 hour and did it all wrong. Cost me about $5. Then I went to kinkos and ended up paying like $30 for a nicer repro (with an authentic looking back cover).

I was late because nik was taking a sweet nap and then had to change and smoke before we left. Yeah...I'm passing the buck on this one.

ahh Sweet naps.

I had too few of those in Chi town.

:cloud9:

If I wrote my memoirs today it would be called "38 going on 13!" :acclaim:

Andy Milonakis wannabe

Andy Milonakis wannabe

:roflmao:

Another great report!

Great Muta?

Ahhhh...no, but you did trigger a memory (with help from Google). The original guy was the Great Kabuki.

Good times :cloud9: