• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 8.5 value?

93 posts in this topic

Prices have been crazy on this book. Saw a VF- sell on Comicconnect for over $40k. My 8.5 should be worth a lot more. But how much?

I may put it into the next Comicconnect auction. But at what reserve? They are trying to get me to put it in at no reserve?

Tony

I'm glad to see Metro are listening to their feedback and trying to get more consignors to go no reserve.

However, at the risk of getting an angry PM from Vincent, I'm curious why you would put your book up anywhere other than the next CL auction, as CL has consistently been where all the record prices for AF 15 have been achieved.

TONY

are u the original owner of the book and did u cgc it?

or did u buy it cgc'd?

pls post scans!

Will get a scan up later today. The page quality is off white. I bought the book about 10 years ago (raw) from Metropolis.

Tony

TONY

or did u buy it cgc'd?

pls post scans!

Will get a scan up later today. The page quality is off white. I bought the book about 10 years ago (raw) from Metropolis.

Tony

It's appreciated in value, uh, nicely to say the least. Looking forward to seeing it (and wondering what Metro had it graded at...). (thumbs u

TONY

or did u buy it cgc'd?

pls post scans!

Tony

In 1998, Overstreet's VF value was 11,000 and the NM value was 27,000.

In 2008, the Overstreet value in VF+ is 24,500. But who would sell their 8.5 for 25,000? :yeahok:

Great copy, TT, congratulations! I agree it looks structurally to be a 9.0. Are there any defects on the back or any interior edge tanning that might account for the 8.5?