• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 8.5 value?

93 posts in this topic

Nice book. It will definitely go at the high end of the estimates given to you. Might very well set a new record for an 8.5.

If you're definitely set on selling it, my strong recommendation would be that you consign it in the next ComicLink auction.

CGC missed the boat on the grade. It is at a minimum a 9.0 Given the grade bump I would of said 9.0 minimum and most likely a 9.2 I'd re submit the book. No way it is going down from the 8.5 it got the first time. It is the nicest 8.5 I have seen via a scan. Very nice book, to say the least. I wouldn't sell this book as a 8.5 I would re submit and go from there.

Nice book. It will definitely go at the high end of the estimates given to you. Might very well set a new record for an 8.5.

If you're definitely set on selling it, my strong recommendation would be that you consign it in the next ComicLink auction.

From what I've gathered here, although ComicConnect has Metropolis behind them (or something like that), ComicLink is generally the place that fetches the big bucks these days. According to some, it has even overtaken Heritage. A lot of hearsay, I know, but I'd definitely look into it.

From what I've gathered here, although ComicConnect has Metropolis behind them (or something like that), ComicLink is generally the place that fetches the big bucks these days. According to some, it has even overtaken Heritage. A lot of hearsay, I know, but I'd definitely look into it.

When it comes to AF 15, it's not hearsay, it's objective fact. All of the recent record prices for public sales of HG copies of AF 15 have happened in a CL auction.

When it comes to AF 15, it's not hearsay, it's objective fact. All of the recent record prices for public sales of HG copies of AF 15 have happened in a CL auction.

Even though it might be objective fact, it's hearsay from my vantage point since I haven't done the research and have only heard. :baiting:

Everyone is always quick to go the auction route...but on a book like this, you're GONNA get paid....and a fixed price listing costs nothing. You could post it at maximum price gouge...say 160K...and let the offers start rolling in.It seems you have a relationship with Metro...you could start there. If it doesn't move soon enough, there are other sites. Just don't underestimate the record breaking ability of this book.It doesn't cost anything to list it...have some fun. A listing will generate marketplace buzz and it will build from there.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. Don't be afraid to add those zeros to the end of your fixed price....remember, Mr. Zero can be your friend.

CGC missed the boat on the grade. It is at a minimum a 9.0 Given the grade bump I would of said 9.0 minimum and most likely a 9.2 I'd re submit the book. No way it is going down from the 8.5 it got the first time. It is the nicest 8.5 I have seen via a scan. Very nice book, to say the least. I wouldn't sell this book as a 8.5 I would re submit and go from there.

Well, given that we've only seen a front scan - in the slab - I think it's safe to say that we haven't a clue what grade it deserves.

It'd be interesting to find out what CGC noted about it though.

In this case where the book is super-premiere, would he expect to negotiate down the standard 10% house fee?

Tony will certainly make big bux with that gorgeous book! If only I have the money, id be betting on that puppy

.............140K :sumo: .GOD BLESS....

Well, given that we've only seen a front scan - in the slab - I think it's safe to say that we haven't a clue what grade it deserves.

Here is a scan of the back:

62357.jpg.1d346438c807352e7c6f52e0cc62c17e.jpg

Looking as close to 9.0 as that book does....I'll up my prediction to 160K....good luck Tony....GOD BLESS...

P.S. NO TANNING to the cover stock :cloud9:

Here is a scan of the back:

Looks even nicer than the front, and that's saying something! (worship)

Looking forward to seeing how this does at auction.

You understand my previous comment was about the fact that people here looking at any number of scans are not in a position to say 'you were robbed'. Certainly not if they haven't at least heard the grader's notes.

From looking at those in-slab scans alone I could imagine that book being anything up to a 9.2!