• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 8.5 value?

93 posts in this topic

When I compared this book to other AF#15s, the grade of 8.5 seemed a little wacky. I am sure it will someday be in 9.0 or 9.2 holder.

Tony

But then why, as the current owner of the book, would you discount the opportunity cost of re-subbing by selling it as an 8.5 to someone else? Why not maximize your own profits by spending another grand to have it resubbed? You have the confidence of a VERY STRONG high-grade AF #15 market to secure a strong price - why not take another month and re-sub it and turn that $1000 re-sub fee into another 10-25K??

It's simple. Get the grader's notes (I'm sure you already did).

Assuming the grade is correct then it's an 8.5 that presents well.

I called for the notes:

slight spine wear, small crease upper front cover above first A and N in

logo/title, bottom back cover small wear, two chips a bit loose, pregrader at

8.0, rest at 8.5

Sounds like a solid 8.5 to me...and a very pretty one at that. You can see the two thumb creases at the top of the front cover and the two loose chips at the back cover bottom edge.

I'd hit it in a second !!

R.

I just got a newsletter from CC and this 8.5 is all over it.

Consignments continue to climb for the next ComicConnect Event Auction! Now, over 350 comics have been listed, which include one whoppingly large consignment of Actions, Detectives, Supermans & Batmans, as well as many Timely comic books and Golden and Silver Age keys. Other recent additions include a large number of CGC graded Marvel Mystery Comics, high grade slabbed Amazing Spider-Mans, and a number of high-grade Bronze Age Marvel.

Many auctions have No Reserve!

BREAKING NEWS!

A consignment of an Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC 8.5 has just been added to the September Event Auction previews! As collectors who follow the comic book market closely already know, in just one year of business, ComicConnect is already making the record books on sales of AF #15s! Last March's sale of a CGC 7.5 at $42,700 will clearly be dwarfed by this conservatively graded CGC 8.5. But by how much? Tune-in in September, true believers! There can only be one owner of this incredible and nearly flawless copy of Spider-Man's historical debut!

GET IN ON THE ACTION!

The September ComicConnect Event Auction will be one of the BIGGEST EVENTS OF 2008! ComicConnect bidders are ready to spend top dollar to acquire the comics they want for their collection. They need your consignments! We're asking every ComicConnect member to consign at least one comic -- after all, the Event Auction is more fun when you have a horse in the running! Remember, ComicConnect only accepts a low 10% commission, putting the rest of the money back in your pocket. It's free to list, and ComicConnect never charges Buyer's Premiums.

Now is the time to consign your comics! Simply upload your comics on ComicConnect.com, and our staff will start promoting your listings and letting prospective buyers know to bid on your items! If you have questions about comic books you would like to consign to the auction, contact ComicConnect at 212.895.3999 or email support@comicconnect.com. We will work hard to get you the most money for your comics!

The ComicConnect Event Auction will start September 14th and end in two separate sessions on Saturday, September 27th and Sunday, September 28th.

This book sounds like an X-men 4 that I used to own...a 9.2 copy that had a light crease in the center of the book that was all but unnoticeable from the scan.It was an 8.5 also, and sold for about 1.5 GPA. It also had white pages.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I just got a newsletter from CC and this 8.5 is all over it.

Consignments continue to climb for the next ComicConnect Event Auction! Now, over 350 comics have been listed, which include one whoppingly large consignment of Actions, Detectives, Supermans & Batmans, as well as many Timely comic books and Golden and Silver Age keys. Other recent additions include a large number of CGC graded Marvel Mystery Comics, high grade slabbed Amazing Spider-Mans, and a number of high-grade Bronze Age Marvel.

Many auctions have No Reserve!

BREAKING NEWS!

A consignment of an Amazing Fantasy #15 CGC 8.5 has just been added to the September Event Auction previews! As collectors who follow the comic book market closely already know, in just one year of business, ComicConnect is already making the record books on sales of AF #15s! Last March's sale of a CGC 7.5 at $42,700 will clearly be dwarfed by this conservatively graded CGC 8.5. But by how much? Tune-in in September, true believers! There can only be one owner of this incredible and nearly flawless copy of Spider-Man's historical debut!

GET IN ON THE ACTION!

The September ComicConnect Event Auction will be one of the BIGGEST EVENTS OF 2008! ComicConnect bidders are ready to spend top dollar to acquire the comics they want for their collection. They need your consignments! We're asking every ComicConnect member to consign at least one comic -- after all, the Event Auction is more fun when you have a horse in the running! Remember, ComicConnect only accepts a low 10% commission, putting the rest of the money back in your pocket. It's free to list, and ComicConnect never charges Buyer's Premiums.

Now is the time to consign your comics! Simply upload your comics on ComicConnect.com, and our staff will start promoting your listings and letting prospective buyers know to bid on your items! If you have questions about comic books you would like to consign to the auction, contact ComicConnect at 212.895.3999 or email support@comicconnect.com. We will work hard to get you the most money for your comics!

The ComicConnect Event Auction will start September 14th and end in two separate sessions on Saturday, September 27th and Sunday, September 28th.

Me too. :D

I thought that AF 15 8.5 in the email looked familiar. hm

Well Tony has obviously decided what to do with the book as it is listed in the next Comic Connect auction.

Sort of makes you wonder if he was ever really soliciting opinions, or if this whole thread was just a bit of promotion for a book that he was always intending to sell on CC. hm

Actually that thought had crossed my mind since I do believe I saw that particular AF 15 listed in the CC auction a couple of days before this thread started. lol

We've been played! :mad:

Well Tony has obviously decided what to do with the book as it is listed in the next Comic Connect auction.

Sort of makes you wonder if he was ever really soliciting opinions, or if this whole thread was just a bit of promotion for a book that he was always intending to sell on CC. hm

(thumbs u

Actually that thought had crossed my mind since I do believe I saw that particular AF 15 listed in the CC auction a couple of days before this thread started. lol

That would have been impossible. The book was graded by CGC on the same day that this thread started. Simply, I asked opinions when I found out the grade. It could not have been listed on comicconnect beforehand it because it had not even been graded yet. I agreed to consign it on the 16th.

Tony

That would have been impossible. The book was graded by CGC on the same day that this thread started. Simply, I asked opinions when I found out the grade. It could not have been listed on comicconnect beforehand it because it had not even been graded yet. I agreed to consign it on the 16th.

Tony

Not a problem. Asking people's opinions on the value of a comic like this which is about to be auctioned seems a valid talking point for this forum (thumbs u

I wish we had more threads like this. I have enjoyed looking at the book, I mean panting over the book and figuring out how to take a second mortgage with my Wife's blessing and putting that one away for a few years.

Anyway, good luck.