• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AF 15 8.5 value?

93 posts in this topic

Looking as close to 9.0 as that book does....I'll up my prediction to 160K....good luck Tony....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. NO TANNING to the cover stock :cloud9:

Are we looking at the same book? There is quite a lot of tanning on the back cover, especially the bottom edge. Probably why there are 2 chips missing from that edge, it has become slightly brittle. Not to knock the book, but everyone that seems to think this is a 9.0 or 9.2 is just being mesmerized by the front cover which is clearly better than an 8.5. Take that back cover into the equation and the fact that CGC is pretty tough on heavy tanning and the 8.5 grade seems right on. I very seriously doubt that this book will grade at 9.0 and judging by the CGC notes it has a higher probability of coming back an 8.0 rather a 9.0. Still a great looking 8.5 that should command a premium but I don't think it's a resub candidate.

Looking as close to 9.0 as that book does....I'll up my prediction to 160K....good luck Tony....GOD BLESS...

Are we looking at the same book? There is quite a lot of tanning on the back cover, especially the bottom edge. Probably why there are 2 chips missing from that edge, it has become slightly brittle. Not to knock the book, but everyone that seems to think this is a 9.0 or 9.2 is just being mesmerized by the front cover which is clearly better than an 8.5. Take that back cover into the equation and the fact that CGC is pretty tough on heavy tanning and the 8.5 grade seems right on. I very seriously doubt that this book will grade at 9.0 and judging by the CGC notes it has a higher probability of coming back an 8.0 rather a 9.0. Still a great looking 8.5 that should command a premium but I don't think it's a resub candidate.

The scan of the back cover makes the book appear to have more tanning than there actually is. The back cover is quite nice actually.

You also state that the book has two chips missing from the back cover. That is false. The back cover has absolutely NO missing chips. At the bottom of the cover are 2 tiny chips that are slightly bent back (because of a slight overhang).

Tony

The scan of the back cover makes the book appear to have more tanning than there actually is. The back cover is quite nice actually.

You also state that the book has two chips missing from the back cover. That is false. The back cover has absolutely NO missing chips. At the bottom of the cover are 2 tiny chips that are slightly bent back (because of a slight overhang).

Tony

That's a stunning copy, Tony. I'm sure the sale price will EASILY exceed the grade number...as in, 85K. A 7.5 sold last night for close to 50K right after missing it's reserve on eBay. Since a 9.2 brought in around $140. on CL in February, you may even approach the 100K mark. Good luck.

Well ... anybody knows what this puppy actually sold for? Book seems to have been removed from CC after auction close.

$118,977 - seriously ! :whistle:

Aaarrrghhhhh ... unf@$6#"ing believable. That was the final goodbye for me ever attaining a HG-copy of that book.

have faith, the bubble will burst- they all do