• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your personal artwork
14 14

5,098 posts in this topic

On 9/12/2023 at 5:12 PM, the blob said:

Wow, I cannot believe nobody has posted since June. I thought this place was full of aspiring artists, not just 9.8 chasers?

Anyway, I painted a bit while incapacitated with my achilles near the beach, here are few. The second one was painted the long way, but I kind of like it this way with the figure sort of laying down.

F6C0DD4E-FD58-49A6-93CC-786BE1EB8D1B.jpeg

F63FD889-6F08-4A0D-ABE3-5C743285AD96.jpeg

One of these days I'd like to take a water color course. My technique is self taught and a little lacking as I basically paint the same way I would with oils or acrylics. Would help on the figurative stuff I think. The beach scene was a little bit of experimenting for me, maybe a little folk art feel. My teen liked the other one, of course, Lucifer and such

On 9/14/2023 at 6:00 PM, the blob said:

One of these days I'd like to take a water color course. My technique is self taught and a little lacking as I basically paint the same way I would with oils or acrylics. Would help on the figurative stuff I think. The beach scene was a little bit of experimenting for me, maybe a little folk art feel. My teen liked the other one, of course, Lucifer and such

Your stuff still doesnt looked thrown together, or there is still some fluidity and method to the madness. Not bad!

On 9/14/2023 at 10:01 PM, the blob said:

well, not thrown together, those two actually took a while each, but there are techniques for watercolors that i am not good at. you have a guy like george pratt (who does some comics stuff)  and they are so beautiful.Mary Headress 2 watercolor.jpg

If you read correctly I DID SAY it WASNT thrown together, and that it had its fluidity (thumbsu

I tried to draw something to post in the thread but ruined it inking 😂