• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Grade Defenders #10 for next to nothing!

30 posts in this topic

How much were you expecting to get?

The book only guides for maybe $50 in raw VF/NM. I am no expert, but your copy looks to be F/VF 7.0 at best. In the CGC census there are 75+ copies at 7.0 and above (including 25 at 9.4 shocked.gif) so the book is not incredibly rare in such grades.

Good luck as the clock winds down!

Defenders 10 in any grade is difficult to find. I don't pay attention to the CGC census since the print runs are sometimes very high and the amount graded (or high grade left) is low relatively speaking. You have a low grade copy that will fill someones collection nicely. cloud9.gif There may be a lot of activity towards the end of your auction. There is a CGC 9.8 DEF 10 going for big bucks right now on ebay.

Defenders 10 in any grade is difficult to find.

I would disagree with that. There are always 5-10 copies of varying grades on ebay. No Defenders issues are difficult to find in any grade. It's a common Marvel Bronze title.

Mmmm...you may be right! cool.gif

I've listed a very nice copy of Defenders #10 on ebay and am surprised that there hasn't been much activity on it. Has this book cooled off, or are only CGC 9.4 and better copies of this book selling? Just curious about what you guys think.

DEFENDERS #10

Honestly, mid grade bronze of any issue is going to go relatively cheap.

Even a Defenders 10 or TOD 10. You should be able to get $25 I would guess with no problem, though.

I think some are coming out of the wordwork and you make a good point. Overstreet Price Guide on page 73 has some nice discussion on the difficulty of finding a Defenders 10 and a TOD 10.

Yes, as high prices are realized for a book, more come out of the woodwork. As for the comments in the Overstreet Price Guide, I would say that those 2 have been identified as key issues & are the first ones always cherry picked by whatever collector comes across them first. Naturally, keys will be quickly picked out by collector or dealers.

I think some are coming out of the wordwork and you make a good point. Overstreet Price Guide on page 73 has some nice discussion on the difficulty of finding a Defenders 10 and a TOD 10.

Yes, as high prices are realized for a book, more come out of the woodwork. As for the comments in the Overstreet Price Guide, I would say that those 2 have been identified as key issues & are the first ones always cherry picked by whatever collector comes across them first. Naturally, keys will be quickly picked out by collector or dealers.

Why is Defenders 10 a key issue? Hulk vs. Thor?

I agree. But these two are especially difficult to find when I have traveled in the last couple of years. Was Defenders 10 a low print run. Do you know.?

No it wasn't a low print run. It may be a regional thing for you. Personally, I haven't had much difficulty finding it. Are you looking for one? It is a nice book to own.

Can you provide a link on the Defenders 10 9.8? I can't find the darned thing and would like to see what it goes for.

I think he is talking about the TOD #10 CGC 9.8. There is only one Defenders #10 CGC 9.8 on the census, and I don't see it on E-bay either.

Without understanding why a battle between Hulk and Thor is a key issue it would probably fetch between $700-900 for the CGC 9.8.

It seems virtually all Hulk crossover battles are broken out in the guide & are in demand by collectors. confused-smiley-013.gif

Without understanding why a battle between Hulk and Thor is a key issue it would probably fetch between $700-900 for the CGC 9.8.

It seems virtually all Hulk crossover battles are broken out in the guide & are in demand by collectors. confused-smiley-013.gif

Silly Hulk collectors!! 893frustrated.gif

defenders 10 is a common book below 9.4...plenty of readers out there..I've flipped 7 copies raw and midgrade just this year; i've flipped 4 slabbed...one to chromium, one 9.4 to cicamen, a 9.0 on ebay, and I have a 9.2 currently in my thread I'm trying to sell