• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

High Grade Defenders #10 for next to nothing!

30 posts in this topic

I've listed a very nice copy of Defenders #10 on ebay and am surprised that there hasn't been much activity on it. Has this book cooled off, or are only CGC 9.4 and better copies of this book selling? Just curious about what you guys think.

DEFENDERS #10

I have been watching your auctions for a while, and to me it is very disappointing that you barely describe many of your books, and most of your books have meaningless things like " very nice book " . If you want to realize better prices for your books, as well as get a following of buyers, you should be more specific in your auctions. I do give you credit for putting up large scans, but if you put up large scans and don't mention the obvious defects that can be seen in the scan, people are going to think you are full of [!@#%^&^] with " very nice book "

Also, w you must be getting an idea of grading, since you have put at least 20 "grade my _______" At least put up some grade range that you think might be accurate to within a full grade, OR SOMETHING. sign-rantpost.gif

You seem like an honest person, I am just saying what I think as a buyer when I look at your auctions. flowerred.gif

You're right, sorry.gif I softened it up with a flower at the end. angel.gif
Bah...you have no principles. Changed your post at a whim due to criticism. Get some backbone! cool.gif

Yes, as high prices are realized for a book, more come out of the woodwork. As for the comments in the Overstreet Price Guide, I would say that those 2 have been identified as key issues & are the first ones always cherry picked by whatever collector comes across them first. Naturally, keys will be quickly picked out by collector or dealers.

I just went back and read this one actually.. and for a Hulk-Thor battle, it really wasn't much. They basically end up standing locked in position for over an hour.

Kind of disappointing. Of course, the people who own slabbed copies might never actually read this issue in question... ;-)

I just went back and read this one actually.. and for a Hulk-Thor battle, it really wasn't much. They basically end up standing locked in position for over an hour.

I agree. I just got my beautiful 9.2 copy from Bronty thumbsup2.gif, and after reading it, that was as anticlimactic as you can get!! I also thought it was interesting that they hadn't gone at it since the famous JIM#112, ALMOST 10 YEARS EARLIER. And yet, I could've waited another 10 after that fight. insane.gif

Thanks for the advice, Ross. I really do appreciate it. As I've said before, I'm new to selling on ebay, so any advice is appreciated. I have lots more books to sell, so I'll work on the descriptions on my next auction. I've tried to use large scans, because I think a picture is worth a thousand words, and yes, I am honest, and I don't want someone buying one of my lower grade books and being disappointed with what they bought. I joined the CGC (society?) yesterday and will be sending some of my better books off to be graded so there will be no doubt as to what the grade of the book is. However, I don't think it would be worth sending off mid-grade silverage books, like a FF #72, a DD # 49 or a ASM # 65 and so on, even if I feel that they are VF books. Do you agree? Anyway, this is a learning experience for me, and any help from you guys will be appreciated.

hi.gif

I've listed a very nice copy of Defenders #10 on ebay and am surprised that there hasn't been much activity on it. Has this book cooled off, or are only CGC 9.4 and better copies of this book selling? Just curious about what you guys think.

DEFENDERS #10

If you want more money for it assign a grade. I do not see a mention of any grade??