• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw the new Batman movie

214 posts in this topic

I think that younger people nowadays being exposed to 911 and such, see this "serious" film in a fantasy way. Gone are the days of cartoons being watched. Kids watch UFC and reality tv shows. So a man wearing a mask kickin butt is still fantasy realm for them granted realistic to us older folgies who watched Scooby Doo catch criminals. Jus my opinion.

A lot of people say heath was a better joker than jack was. no way. ive seen the new one 2x already and i watched the first batman the same day i watched it the first time. two movies with two totally different tones. Two actors two jokers two roles played to perfection.imo. (also mmm please)

The 1989 film broke new ground, and Jack's Joker stands on its own merits, I agree. You have to say though that the latest efforts break grounds in new ways, in ways using some of the dark elements that Burton made popular for this character for movie goers.

I also agree with that. Completely different films, Jack Nicholson played his role perfectly for what was right for that film. Same with Ledger. Neither would have worked in the other film/vice versa, but they were both great.

i couldnt (obviously) have said it better lol

where did I put that corncob pipe? meh

Whatever you hillbillies call it to make it socially acceptable... :whatev:

Any chance there will be a Director's Cut what should've been rated R version released for DVD?

Well, I watched The Dark Knight with my wife on Sunday. I'm a big comic person, she is not. However, she did like Batman Begins, so she was open minded for The Dark Knight.

That said, we both thought the movie was pretty good, and despite being long, we didn't feel that it dragged. I think we both still think Batman Begins was better (despite its ill-conceived evaporated water plot). We thought the end dragged a little and they they should just have introduced Two Face, and then held him back for an appearance in the third movie.

The Dark Knight just didn't have much character development for any of the characters. I guess first movies always have the advantage, because you introduce a cast and then have to develop all the characters, which makes them interesting. Then for the sequels you focus on action and charcter development goes on cruise control. Two Face was probably the better of the two villians because they developed his character more.

Heath Ledger was good as the Joker, but I think all the talk of Oscar nomination is overrated. Not to speak ill of the dead, but if Heath were still alive, no one would even consider his performance as the Joker as Oscar calibre.

We also both feel sorry for the people of Gotham because Batman just seems to love to blow up your parked cars, wherever they get in his way. He is keeping the street free of crime ... and parked cars.

Overall, we think Batman Begins is a 4.5/5 and The Dark Knight is a 4/5. We both think Iron Man is the best superhero movie so far this year.

We also both feel sorry for the people of Gotham because Batman just seems to love to blow up your parked cars, wherever they get in his way. He is keeping the street free of crime ... and parked cars.

lol

Couldn't agree more! I thought I was the only one. When watching any film where the 'hero' casually destroys private property I cringe and feel bad for the innocent victims.

Just because the hero's mission is OH SO IMPORTANT it's OK to ruin ordinary people's day/year/life? :mad:

That goes for all those absurd "I'm commandeering this vehicle!" moments too. In the movies you see the owners step aside bewildered and impressed by the desperate, sweaty cop who needs to borrow their car for a hot pursuit, and then trash it. Not everybody is insured up to the eyeballs you know. A trashed car could quite conceivably put someone into a spiral of debt that consumes their entire life.

Bloody menace is what they are!

Signed,

J. Jonah Jameson

Well, I watched The Dark Knight with my wife on Sunday. I'm a big comic person, she is not. However, she did like Batman Begins, so she was open minded for The Dark Knight.

That said, we both thought the movie was pretty good, and despite being long, we didn't feel that it dragged. I think we both still think Batman Begins was better (despite its ill-conceived evaporated water plot). We thought the end dragged a little and they they should just have introduced Two Face, and then held him back for an appearance in the third movie.

The Dark Knight just didn't have much character development for any of the characters. I guess first movies always have the advantage, because you introduce a cast and then have to develop all the characters, which makes them interesting. Then for the sequels you focus on action and charcter development goes on cruise control. Two Face was probably the better of the two villians because they developed his character more.

Heath Ledger was good as the Joker, but I think all the talk of Oscar nomination is overrated. Not to speak ill of the dead, but if Heath were still alive, no one would even consider his performance as the Joker as Oscar calibre.

Overall, we think Batman Begins is a 4.5/5 and The Dark Knight is a 4/5. We both think Iron Man is the best superhero movie so far this year.

You and I saw two different movies bud.

lol

Couldn't agree more! I thought I was the only one. When watching any film where the 'hero' casually destroys private property I cringe and feel bad for the innocent victims.

Just because the hero's mission is OH SO IMPORTANT it's OK to ruin ordinary people's day/year/life? :mad:

That goes for all those absurd "I'm commandeering this vehicle!" moments too. In the movies you see the owners step aside bewildered and impressed by the desperate, sweaty cop who needs to borrow their car for a hot pursuit, and then trash it. Not everybody is insured up to the eyeballs you know. A trashed car could quite conceivably put someone into a spiral of debt that consumes their entire life.

Bloody menace is what they are!

Signed,

J. Jonah Jameson

Transcript of intercepted phone call , case #SCU23453Z:

[ring]

Gotham National Bank: Hello, Gotham National Bank.

Nate: Hey, this is Nate, could you connect me to Mr. Jones.

GNB: One Moment...

Mr. Jones: What is it Nate?

Nate: Uh... I can't make it into work today.

Mr. Jones: What! This is the third time in two weeks! I warned you what would happen the last time...

Nate: But it isn't my fault! Batman blew up my car!

Mr. Jones: Do you think I'm some kind of f---ing insufficiently_thoughtful_person?! That's the best excuse you could come up with?!

Nate: But Batman really did blow up my car with his motorcycle!

Mr. Jones: Blew up your car with a motorcycle?! Of all the ... listen don't bother coming into work today, or any other day for that matter. Your fired!

[click]

I saw the movie on Friday. Loved it. Even better than "Begins". Basically agree with what everyone has said, "Ledger's great", "Movie rocked", yada yada yada.

Only thing I don't agree with is the Maggie G bashing. She's not terrible. A "poor man's Katie Holmes" looks-wise, but a better actress. I'm sure her trun in "Secretary" has jaded my opinion though. :grin:

My vote is for Superman ;)

You want to see a movie that would break box office records make him go against the boy scout.The time is right and if done right it would big huge!

Not a bad notion, and it'd tie in with Miller's Dark Knight Returns...

Which is kinda how they set up the end to this one. The way it ended, you could call the next movie "Hunt the Dark Knight" (the same title as Millers DKR #3). Although they'll probably go with one of the big villains. But really, who is left that's a great villain besides Catwoman? The Riddler could be good, if done correctly. But, I don't think a good Riddler story would pack the "action punch" that hollywood would want.

A few things I forgot to mention in my post above.....

1. Joker "licking his chops" throughout the movie = (thumbs u Genius!

2. Loved that they never gave you any Joker backstory at all.

3. Nice little Miller nod with the "Sons of Batman".

4. Watchmen trailer - :o :o :o(worship) (worship) (worship) (It looks promising. Will they finally get a Moore book right? God, I hope so. :wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck:)

I saw the movie on Friday. Loved it. Even better than "Begins". Basically agree with what everyone has said, "Ledger's great", "Movie rocked", yada yada yada.

Only thing I don't agree with is the Maggie G bashing. She's not terrible. A "poor man's Katie Holmes" looks-wise, but a better actress. I'm sure her trun in "Secretary" has jaded my opinion though. :grin:

My vote is for Superman ;)

You want to see a movie that would break box office records make him go against the boy scout.The time is right and if done right it would big huge!

Not a bad notion, and it'd tie in with Miller's Dark Knight Returns...

Which is kinda how they set up the end to this one. The way it ended, you could call the next movie "Hunt the Dark Knight" (the same title as Millers DKR #3). Although they'll probably go with one of the big villains. But really, who is left that's a great villain besides Catwoman? The Riddler could be good, if done correctly. But, I don't think a good Riddler story would pack the "action punch" that hollywood would want.

How about Bane?

Seriously, though, Two-Face is likely the villain for the next flick.

I want to see Talia introduced as a female lead, but who would play her? Megan Fox? Minka Kelly?

I want to see Talia introduced as a female lead, but who would play her? Megan Fox? Minka Kelly?

SPOILERS (?)

That's what I thought they were setting up, but that's doesn't seem possible given what happens.

I'd like to see them go with Talia as the female lead and bring Ras back. Certainly plausible, but would the mainstream audience want that? Not sure. They'll want Catwoman (or some other well-known villain). And, even though they've appeased us fan-boys so far with the past two, the studios will aim for/follow the money.

SPOILERS (?)

That's what I thought they were setting up, but that's doesn't seem possible given what happens.

I'd like to see them go with Talia as the female lead and bring Ras back. Certainly plausible, but would the mainstream audience want that? Not sure. They'll want Catwoman (or some other well-known villain). And, even though they've appeased us fan-boys so far with the past two, the studios will aim for/follow the money.

Depends on how you want to play it up. Was Dent dead at the end? Probably not, although in real life having Batman turn his burned face into the ground would lead to a nasty Staph or Strep infection (if not worse) that could kill him! lol

You could still have Catwoman and/or the Riddler as the villain(s) and introduce Talia as a mystery woman that Batman rescues during the film (similar to Tec #411). In the meantime, you could cut into scenes with Harvey/Two-Face becoming a villain in Arkham that plays nice to be released with Batman's and Gordon's consent at the end. You could even have Bruce Wayne pay for his treatment(s) to try and salvage good Harvey, only to see things go wrong at the end.