• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #1, which one would you have?

Batman #1  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Batman #1

26 posts in this topic

Forget the price for a minute... I thought the original question was "ignoring the label and the price, which would you rather own?"

I'd take the PLOD 8.5 in a heartbeat. Why? Because the unrestored VF 8.0 copy looks to be no better than a FN+ 6.5 from where I sit. Come on - between the foxing, the blunted corners, the "marvel chipping" and the overall grunginess and lack of gloss, there's no WAY this is an 8.0 ! If it weren't a GA key, it would have fetched a FN/FN+, IMO.

Meanwhile, the PLOD 8.5 looks, if anything, slightly better, and certainly prettier by far. Has it been cleaned? Perhaps. I agree with Timely and ComicManKev that the color and brightness look about right for a very well-preserved copy. But even if it's been cleaned, that's a rather small nit to be picking with a book that has plenty of other resto going on... It doesn't look suspiciously bright and clean to me.

I agree; I'd way go after the App VF+ copy. Cleaned, schmeaned. Presents way better than the "Foxy Brown" unrestored book.

seems like you are grading the book solely on its cover.

Well, I'm grading all of the books on what I can see of them - the front and back covers. I *could* grade each of them based on Sidney Omar's Astrology Report, but I don't think you'd like the results...

I'd go with none of them. The 1.5 got run over by a truck and it backed up The blue lable 8.0 looks oddly tired or maybe its just the scan. The restored copy had a lot of work done and has that artifical restored look. Batman 1 is over priced anyways and there are a ton of them out there

It seems like most of the mid grade and lower copies of this book look like they have either been backed over by a truck or have loads of tape along the spine...if not both.