• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Wanna get Married!
19 19

1,091 posts in this topic

Hi West,

I don't want to cause any problems but why are you into comic books when you're a grader? Just curious?

John

West, Borock, Haspel and many others at CGC are serious comic geeks and were so long before they were at CGC. What made you think it would be otherwise, given the skill and experience required for grading?

Hi West,

I don't want to cause any problems but why are you into comic books when you're a grader? Just curious?

John

He was a comic lover long before he was a grader from my recollection

Yeah but Steve Borock stopped collecting comic books when he became a grader so there wouldn't be an advantage over others. I'm not looking for conspiracies or pointing any fingers it's just that I find it odd that West is a grader and still collects comic books. He knows exactely what books and grades to be becaus he's at an advantage when he sees books all day, what's plentiful and what's rare.

John

Yeah but Steve Borock stopped collecting comic books when he became a grader so there wouldn't be an advantage over others. I'm not looking for conspiracies or pointing any fingers it's just that I find it odd that West is a grader and still collects comic books. He knows exactely what books and grades to be becaus he's at an advantage when he sees books all day, what's plentiful and what's rare.

John

There are restrictions on what they can do to prevent conflict of interest but it does not preclude them from all comic collecting. Steve B choose to stop collecting comics and get into art but I don't know that any one else did.

just from memory and a few coverless books in the office...

I need a centerfold for Captain Marvel Adventures 3

I have a coverless

Superman 69

Superman 103

Superman 111

Superman 115

Batman 87

Batman 108

Superboy 27

I could use a cover for Action 27, 29, 32, 34, 41, 43, 53, 54, 66, 68, 71, 97, 109

Superman 27, 50, 58, 59, 60, 72, 76, 85, 87, 88, 95

top notch 4

Blue Ribbon 13

Contact 12

have centerfolds for cap america 54? and Batman 22?

Need covers for Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis 1, World Finest 19 and 20, Funnies 42, Blue Beetle 3 and 6, Zip 11, Captain Marvel 18, Master 27, Sure fire 3a

Need coverless copies for Steve Canyon 6, CDNP 52, Bobby Benson 14, Mystery in Space 2, Speed 35, Capt. Easy 10 and 12, Hit 13, Rangers 9, Blue Beetle 8

Need covers for Gasoline Alley 1, Tales of Suspense 10, 13 and 32

Mysterious Adventures 20, Mighty Mouse Giant Adventure, Mighty Mouse Space Pirates, Captain Aero 7, Adventure 101, More Fun 103, Military 2, All American 37, Americas Greatest 2, Blue Bolt 113

I need a back cover to Human Torch 4(3) Spring issue

Here is what it looks like

humantorch4-3bc.jpg

And the inside back page looks like this.

3420216926_ae2cb98fb9.jpg

Do you have a low grade copy you would part with? :wishluck:

No, I don't have an issue, only the scan. You could match up the back cover with another issue if you can find one. Apparently Submariner #1 has the same back cover. See how much easier it is to match them up.

bb

They are the only two books with that back cover in the Timely runs

This eBay lot of coverless comics just arrived in my mail today. I'm glad that I jumped on the BIN because there ended up being some interesting comics in the lot. I mostly got it for the two EC's. I sold my entire EC collection a couple of years ago, and I have been replacing them with cheap coverless copies just to read.

Included in the lot were these comics:

Aces High #2

Batman #9 (Missing several pages, but still!)

Journey Into Fear #18

Lone Ranger #11

Vault of Horror #34

But the best surprise was a coverless but otherwise complete copy of Adventure Comics #34 from January 1939! I love those pre-hero DC's. Like many of them, this one has stories and art by Leo O'Mealia, Siegel & Shuster, Bob Kane, Sheldon Moldoff, and Fred Guardineer. Anybody got a cover? hm

6.JPG

Here are some pieces and parts if anyone needs them:

Superman #21 - Coverless, CFO

Adventure #117 - CFO

Wonder Woman #36 - Coverless

Nyoka the Jungle Girl Vol 6 #34 - Coverless

Just picked up the following coverless Actions:

125 (3/4)

207 (FC but only 1/2 BC)

Adventure 131 (3/4)

Anyone interested in the lot?