• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I fell off the wagon....

46 posts in this topic

OMG, that's a classic! So Shield, is the house shrinking in size as you send $ back in the direction of GA comics? Are you in the dog house yet? crazy.gif

Seriously, I was hoping you'd hold out just a little longer, but if it's in your system, no amount of de-programming will really get it out...

I got the Pep #20 for $130 bucks with shipping. As long as I have the $9600 for the down payment & closing cost, I'll be fine. I'll have it as long as I buy NO OTHER BOOKS until December 5th...

...Must....delete....EBAY GOLDEN....link.... 893frustrated.gif

The Pep was a bargain, I personally would have passed on the Zip, way too much tape on that spine for my tastes.

BTW, I thought you might want to know a few years ago before CGC I was able to view the MH runs of Pep 1-40, Zip 1-28, 38-up, Top Notch 1-30 and the Shield Wizard run. They were AMAZING!

Timely

The Pep was a bargain, I personally would have passed on the Zip, way too much tape on that spine for my tastes.

BTW, I thought you might want to know a few years ago before CGC I was able to view the MH runs of Pep 1-40, Zip 1-28, 38-up, Top Notch 1-30 and the Shield Wizard run. They were AMAZING!

Timely

A friend of mine owned several of the Mile High Pep's...I sure would've loved to have had a chance at them!

Shield, consider that once you have the house, you have one of the best investments going. And with the equity building, you don't have to worry as much about saving while you work on building up that MLJ collection all over again. That means you get the pleasure of the chase all over again, PLUS, the new copies can be higher grades than the old ones.

A nice comic collection is great.

A house and a nice comic collection is better than great.

You're on the right track.

893applaud-thumb.gif

Shield, consider that once you have the house, you have one of the best investments going. And with the equity building, you don't have to worry as much about saving while you work on building up that MLJ collection all over again. That means you get the pleasure of the chase all over again, PLUS, the new copies can be higher grades than the old ones.

893applaud-thumb.gif

All good points, Sean, but if Shield's mortgage payments are anything like mine, he'll be lucky to have money left over for his high-speed 'Net connection...!

Don't worry, Shield, you'll always be our own 'fallen angel' here on the boards devil.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

All good points, Sean, but if Shield's mortgage payments are anything like mine, he'll be lucky to have money left over for his high-speed 'Net connection...!

Don't worry, Shield, you'll always be our own 'fallen angel' here on the boards devil.gif

Actually, my girlfriend is probably going to move in sometime this spring. She's kicking in $500 towards the mortgage payment, so it'll basically be comic book money. Of course, the house needs some work, so I doubt I'll be making major purchases for awhile.

On a related note, I took off 1/2 hour early today and drove by my new property. It's in a gorgeous part of north central Columbus, in an older community with mostly all brick buildings. And lots of trees.

Here's some pics of the house!

814614c.jpg

814614b.jpg

acclaim.gifacclaim.gifacclaim.gif

Obviously nothing fancy, but having just turned 30 and owning anything in that neighborhood makes me really proud of myself!

Also...I only have one neighbor close to the left...

I hate cookie-cutter communities; which is why I couldn't live in a place where I could see 800 exact model houses right next to each other. Of course, those new homes are pretty sweet on the inside though...

I'll ditto the sentiment on it being a nice house. Trees are always good.

Consider this: When calculating savings rates, the Federal government considers money paid into a mortgage as savings. So if you're paying $1500 a month in a mortgage now, that's considered saving $1500 a month. AND, if you're saving $1500 a month, what's a few hundred or two spent on comics?

And if you're like us, the first thing you'll want to do is cut down all of those trees...

insane.gif

Well, after the first big rain we found the cedar roof leaked cuz the previous owners let it stay too shaded.

Then, one near the garage was found to be rotting out.

Then, one that grew thru the power lines was found to be rotting out.

Then, another was rotten.

Then, well... my wife took up gardening and wanted different trees.

Still, we have about 10 mature trees in the back of the lot and 8 in the front (so we're not exactly deforested).

Thanks,

Fan4Fan