• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I fell off the wagon....

46 posts in this topic

congrats shield, it looks great! I bought a house when i was 27, but picked one that just needed too much work & was 85 yrs. old. You wouldn't believe how many different water related problems you can have! I did enjoy it though, it is a freedom unlike any other. I am now in an apartment & miss the ability to do as i wish when i wish. Good luck, you'll love it! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I would not recommend cutting down the trees tongue.gif

Mature trees enhance the value of the property. What size lot is that? It's always nice to have a yard. Thankfully we don't have to worry about lot size too much in Iowa since you can pretty much get an acre or two lot in all the new areas.

Brian

Thanks! 8 minutes north of OSU campus, BABY!

Nicely done! Congrats Shield!! thumbsup2.gif

Big plus that you bought near a campus. I've wanted to purchase a home near UofToronto for several years, and use it strictly as rental property. There's a lot of work and hassle associated to it, but the fact that it is near a university campus also helps maintain its value.

Incidentally, I'm not sure what the laws are like in the U.S. but because your getting rent from your girlfriend (tenant), you may be able to write off your expenses on utilities. The formula we use in Ontario is that if the tenant occupies 1/3 or 1/2 of the home, then 1/2 of your total bills on heating, electricity, and other expenses associated to ensuring your tenants "reasonable living enjoyment" may be tax deductable. Check it out. Its one of the best kept secrets for new home ownership.

Hey Shield,

I confess to smiling upon ocular demonstration of your post! I must ask, Shielderoonie. Did you truly expect to stay on the wagon? smile.gif

I will reveal that I did notn expect same and am gratified you have been able to combine both real-life demands and comic-book demands. thumbsup2.gif

Congrats on the house Shield...Nice purchase...BTW I think it's time I auction off my CGC 9.4 Pep #22. That ol' thing has been collecting dust around here

27_laughing.gif

893naughty-thumb.gifgrin.gif

I wonder if such a book exists? It's tough when you're number one book isn't a "number 1" issue...a la Action #1. I doubt 1/2 as many people bought Pep 22 vs. the number that bought Archie #1...

Sorry Shield. Couldn't resist that one. Just hold off on having kids right away. Or you'll be trading in those Zips, Peps, and Jackpots for My Little Ponys. Like me. 893censored-thumb.gif

Jackpot? I don't own any of those anymore... sorry.gif

Last week I had #3-#9 though...

Still have all the non-cgc'd Pep's and Zips, but of course, the "sale" is only 1/2 over. The rest of it is in late January.

After it, I'll have 3 golden age books (from pre-1945) still left:

Zip Comics #2, Good w/tape

Pep Comics #20, VG- or so, and:

Pep Comics #17, VG+/-FN, white pages.

The guy who is buying all of my books is trying desperately to get my #17. Of course, I went nuts tonight and bought all brand new bedroom and dining room furniture ($2800) but it was time!

Here's the bed I bought, along with the dresser (my dresser is the same color as the bed):

BRS_ACLthr_776955LG.jpg

BRS_AC_NatChst_690325LG.jpg