• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Many Copies of Amazing Fantasy #15 are estimated to still exist?

29 posts in this topic

I know I posted one like this for Tec #38. But AF #15 if probably the most prized book I have in my collection. And for some reason the amount of copies in existance always plays a big role for my desire to collect them. I know that CGC has graded 1,051 copies of AF #15. I'm going to assume there are a few thousand in existance but im not sure how many. Perhaps we will never know. What does gerber rate it? And yes i know how in-accurate gerber can be too. Just curious because its such a key book, I figure its worth knowing.

Thanks

:)

Now way that low. I know 4 guys who have multiple copies (1 which will be mine soon....) and are not slabbed. I have seen at least 10 copies in the last 2 years from my local store I buy from. There are enough out there. More than 2,000 for sure!

I would always see a 15 on ebay- every week practiacally. But not a Hulk 1. The only problem with Astonish 27 is that most people would not pay top dollar for it, Ant Man has not hit big yet (and probably never will compared to the others), but maybe it will be smart to sell Astonishes when he appears on the Avengers movie a few years down the line.

When you say extremely common, common compared to what? I'd say Hulk #181 is very common, but AF #15 yes there are alot available but it all depends on what you compare it too.

What would be a rough number like 10,000?

Forget Bronze age....... tons out there, any time you sell one you can always get another. only exception- Star Wars 1 35 cent variant. Which I would grab at high grade any time I see one.

When you say extremely common, common compared to what?

Common period, no need for comparisons. Any book where there are a dozen or more copies up for sale at any one time is common in my opinion.

I'm just trying to get a rough figure for curiosity purposes. Of course its more common then golden age stuff, and more available on the markey because its a solid book to sell. That being said, i know its more rare then Spidey #20 for instance. I'm not claiming its the most rare book on earth, of course not, im just curious how many copies there might be because there is a difference between 10,000 and 20,000, sliver age or bronze age, etc...no trying to be defensive.

I'm just trying to get a rough figure for curiosity purposes. Of course its more common then golden age stuff, and more available on the markey because its a solid book to sell. That being said, i know its more rare then Spidey #20 for instance. I'm not claiming its the most rare book on earth, of course not, im just curious how many copies there might be because there is a difference between 10,000 and 20,000, sliver age or bronze age, etc...no trying to be defensive.

10k maybe?

I would always see a 15 on ebay- every week practiacally. But not a Hulk 1. The only problem with Astonish 27 is that most people would not pay top dollar for it, Ant Man has not hit big yet (and probably never will compared to the others), but maybe it will be smart to sell Astonishes when he appears on the Avengers movie a few years down the line.

What about when he appears in his own movie before the Avengers movie comes out?