• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has Shipping Gotten to High?

49 posts in this topic

I like using the free priority stuff to ship as then I can charge exact shipping without having to figure out any handling charge.

lol Come on, you like it cuz it's easy - no way "handling" can cost almost $15 a package.

And I'm not talking an expensive slab or slabs, as that should go Priority, but a pack of raw books for less than $50, Sending that Priority for $23+ is insane.

I can get six books into a flat rate envelope for $9.95.

:D

hm

I can only get 3-5. Are you getting those in there with bags and boards as well?

Darthdiesel once sent me 12...on a bet and they arrived in perfect shape. Took him over an hour though and he took apart the envelop and then reglued it.

But I can do 8 bagged with a cardboard sandwich...it's all about the sandwhich, the boards and the envelop are basically useless, especially for corner impact

Oh and I don't even want to think about shipping, I've spent over $10.000 in shipping alone the last 6 years.. it's really depressing...see you made me think about it again :tonofbricks:

hm

I can only get 3-5. Are you getting those in there with bags and boards as well?

Darthdiesel once sent me 12...on a bet and they arrived in perfect shape. Took him over an hour though and he took apart the envelop and then reglued it.

But I can do 8 bagged with a cardboard sandwich...it's all about the sandwhich, the boards and the envelop are basically useless, especially for corner impact

He cheated by taking apart the envelope.

:censored:

I think you can do First Class Package labels through EBay/Paypal, right?

Yes, but not insurance....and that is if the person paid with Paypal.

I know, but I guess the risks should be tempered with the price and the potential for additional sales you'll get.

If you list a pile of $5-$10 books on EBay, and list Canadian shipping at $23 Priority, I can guarantee you'll get zero Can/Int bids and you might as well just list US. If you're selling $300 CGC books, then $23 S&H isn't a big deal, and those are the books scammers target.

On the other hand, there are some huge EBay dealers that sell these same $10 books, with $4-$5 Canadian shipping rates, plus 50-cents to $1 extra per book, and they do *extremely* well. Any risk with uninsured is virtually nil, due to the low sales price.

hm

You still hold the record for longest-Mbag-in-transit though... :foryou:

hm

Get them all in one big GA bag with boards on each side, then the cardboard sandwich.

:cloud9:

Of course don't do this with high grade stuff.

For low-mid grade it works great.

hm

You still hold the record for longest-Mbag-in-transit though... :foryou:

^^:acclaim:^^

I think you can do First Class Package labels through EBay/Paypal, right?

Yes, but not insurance....and that is if the person paid with Paypal.

I know, but I guess the risks should be tempered with the price and the potential for additional sales you'll get.

If you list a pile of $5-$10 books on EBay, and list Canadian shipping at $23 Priority, I can guarantee you'll get zero Can/Int bids and you might as well just list US. If you're selling $300 CGC books, then $23 S&H isn't a big deal, and those are the books scammers target.

On the other hand, there are some huge EBay dealers that sell these same $10 books, with $4-$5 Canadian shipping rates, plus 50-cents to $1 extra per book, and they do *extremely* well. Any risk with uninsured is virtually nil, due to the low sales price.

:gossip: It's a good thing I'm not a huge Ebay dealer and this is just a hobby for me, lol..I want to ENJOY it;) Not worry that the books will arrive;)

I'm holding a 4.00 book for someone who is waiting for me to list more stuff, because he didn't want to pay even the first class shipping rate and it's been about 2 months;) For me, I LIKE Canadians, but the shipping hassles and the fact that it costs more for me with Paypal, doesn't exactl make me want to jump for joy.