• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A couple of nice CGC FFs for sale...

24 posts in this topic

Nice collection... why all in one swell lot?

The reasons are many. Basically, less work and more return is what I am shooting for.

Fine aspirations. smile.gif Good luck... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I don't track ALL of these big CGC lots, but to me it seems like they rarely sell, especially if the seller is looking for a cumulative "retail" value for the lot. Hopefully you'll beat that trend.

Nice collection... why all in one swell lot?

The reasons are many. Basically, less work and more return is what I am shooting for.

Fine aspirations. smile.gif Good luck... 893crossfingers-thumb.gif I don't track ALL of these big CGC lots, but to me it seems like they rarely sell, especially if the seller is looking for a cumulative "retail" value for the lot. Hopefully you'll beat that trend.

Thanks, and you are right, they rarely sell. But then again, you rarely see them for sale, and you only really need one willing buyer. Its not like the $3.30 listing fee will kill me if they don't sell, nor will my heart break if I have to keep them. laugh.gif

Its not like the $3.30 listing fee will kill me if they don't sell, nor will my heart break if I have to keep them. laugh.gif

If you decide that it would be too heart-breaking to keep them, I'll be happy to hold on to them for you (so long as there isn't a no-drool clause in the deal).

tongue.gif

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

This is a great lot (especially the page quality). I would be very interested but:

I really think the price is too high. I say that because $5,999 divided by 39 books gives an average price of a little over $150 a book. Without doing to much analysis, I only see about 5-6 books that would be sure sales over $150 if sold separately. Many would get close to $150, but it seems that you are trying to get full value by selling in a lot.

Good Luck.

I really think the price is too high. I say that because $5,999 divided by 39 books gives an average price of a little over $150 a book. Without doing to much analysis, I only see about 5-6 books that would be sure sales over $150 if sold separately. Many would get close to $150, but it seems that you are trying to get full value by selling in a lot.

See, the nice thing about a high starting price is that, if it sells, I smile all the way to the bank. And if it is too high for anyone to bite on, the offers, whether cash or cash/trade will start coming in eventually.

Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge. thumbsup2.gif

My last "blank" post is how much I think about buying all these books at the price you want.

I would love to have all these books, but I'm not going to pay more than if I bought them all separately (and apparently no one else wants to).

Still, as you said before, you will probably get some good offers and it only cost you three dollars to sell / trade some of these books off of eBay.

I'd love to oblige, but I'd have to sell my car AND my wife's car... and I think she'd notice..

Just think of all the good exercise you would get riding your bike to and from work! I'm sure you wife loves you enough to make the sacrifice. thumbsup2.gif

Actually, I'd probably living at work if I did something like that... or possibly turn up as compost in next year's garden.

"Honest, officer, the last I saw him was late last fall. He was busy turning compost and just never came back in. He often goes off by himself, so I thought nothing of it."

Thanks,

Fan4Fan