• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

buyer/scammer alert

11 posts in this topic

Well, I just noticed that one of my buyers filed for a chargeback last week. Says the purchase was "unauthorized." Hmmm, he left positive feedback last month (albeit mixed) and never even asked about returning the item. Plus, all of his recent purchases were for comics. Yeah, sure, just my sale was unauthorized! I have D.C., of course, we'll see how paypal rules on this one. If they're going to let someone say "my kid made unauthorized purchases" and get away with it my head will explode.

The name of the scammer is: sidewinder0_14

My very first chargeback.

If paypal won't protect me in a situation like this, it could very well be the beginning of the end for me and ebay.

Well, he disagreed with the grade on this reader copy (I gave it a G/VG) of TOS 58 something along the lines of "leave the grading to the pros", but then he finished the feedback with "but it was a good deal anyway" and it was positive I then e-mailed him and asked him how he thought the book differed from the scan/what he thought the grade should be (not hostile at all, more like a "please educate me" sort of e-mail -- I'd copy the text of it if ebay would allow me to, very annoying!) and I never heard back from him. Like 2 weeks later he filed a chargeback. No communication via ebay.

honestly, it doesn't frigging matter whether the feedback was mixed, it's not like he even asked for his money back or anything.

of course, last night i sent a really ticked off e-mail reminding him that he is trying to commit a crime by claiming a false chargeback and letting him know i know people in the illinois A.G.'s office (which I do and which might be of interest to them if this is the guy's modus operandi), we'll see how that goes.

"Buer is a spirit that appears in the 16th century grimoire Pseudomonarchia Daemonum and its derivatives, where he is described as a Great President of Hell, having fifty legions of demons under his command. "

Buer.gif

! This guys on ebay?? Thanks for the alert!

:grin::baiting:

2 other recent sellers in his feedback profile got hit with chargebacks too --- after he left them positives. these guys got hammered worse than me.

and even though he's claiming unauthorized use, it isn't like ebay or paypal have stopped him from buying more stuff since he filed a chargeback with me (and others!)

and then i try to be a nice guy and warn some more people he's bought from, maybe they haven't shipped yet, and then ebay tells me I've reached my limit of "contact seller" e-mails.

WTF?!?!? I can't even warn people they're about to get scammed??? (or have been)?????

well, after a few days he responded to my ticked off e-mail and says it's just a CC glitch and everything should get fixed shortly (I still don't have my money yet) -- [just curious though why he didn't have the courtesy to e-mail me when the glitch occurred, rather than waiting almost 2 weeks...] and wants an apology because I threatened him with "civil" action and supposedly I have violated ebay rules about being nice via the ebay message system. I told him sorry about his CC glitch, but it all looked very suspicious with all the chargebacks to other sellers and that I wasn't threatening him with civil action, I was threatening him with criminal action if, in fact, he was taking a bunch of sellers for a ride and, as a former prosecutor, I felt obligated. now he he has come back with an "ah hah" about my "admission" of criminal threats and he says he's forwarding all of my mean messages to ebay. i tell him to go ahead and do whatever because I doubt it's ebay's policy to obstruct justice by preventing sellers from pursuing criminal action and letting would be scammers know about it. if it is ebay's policy to obstruct justice in this manner my A.G.'s office will hear about it and I have a pretty active A.G. who likes to crusade about these sorts of things.

what a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed.