• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOLY HANNAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHOWCASE 4 CGC 9.4

87 posts in this topic

MY GAYDAR IS TINGLING!

DISCUSS

1750547-MEYER.JPG

:jokealert:

"Holy shnikees............those are some white whites!"

Though slabs tend to "grey" whites in general, I was thinking that the back actually looked kinda dirty to me. :gossip:

I think he was talking about the whites on the front cover... and they ARE impressive!

What is up with this statement from Steve in the ComicConnect Newsletter that just got sent out:

" 'Showcase #4 is extremely rare in high-grade. This particular one is the only known Near Mint condition copy in existence,' explained Stephen Fishler."

Uh, Steve, there actually IS another Near Mint copy, it's been certified by CGC and is owned by Michael Goldman. In fact, it's a 9.6 NM+. I hope you're not going to claim that your statement is accurate because the other copy isn't a "NM", it's a "NM+".

I would be shocked if the reserve is as low as that.

Not true. I happen to know that the reserve is well below $125,000. I actually thought it was quite reasonable. The book is going to sell.

Tony

:o

Good to know. hm

I would be shocked if the reserve is as low as that.

Not true. I happen to know that the reserve is well below $125,000. I actually thought it was quite reasonable. The book is going to sell.

Tony

:o

Good to know. hm

The SA DC grail of grails...or has it's day passed :shy:

I was talking to Michael Goldman about his Showcase #4 9.6 this past weekend. It was his first trip to Toronto in almost 9 years. He has an original owner run of Showcase from #1-20 (the #4 being a 9.6) with a few other 9.6 books and then the rest being in the measly 9.2/9.4 range. What a shame.

:jokealert:

Would love to see the issue #22 copy. :cloud9:

Dont think there was any 22 in the Newsboy collection sadly, as Roy said the run was from 1-20. (Though Im not sure about his copies of 18 and 19).

Goldman has the highest graded copies of 4 (9.6) 8 (9.2) 13 (9.2) 14 (9.0) and 17 (9.0) with almost all of them having White pages. Nice find eh ?

So who is gonna bid on this Showcase 4 ?