• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HOLY HANNAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHOWCASE 4 CGC 9.4

87 posts in this topic

Would love to see the issue #22 copy. :cloud9:

Dont think there was any 22 in the Newsboy collection sadly, as Roy said the run was from 1-20. (Though Im not sure about his copies of 18 and 19).

Goldman has the highest graded copies of 4 (9.6) 8 (9.2) 13 (9.2) 14 (9.0) and 17 (9.0) with almost all of them having White pages. Nice find eh ?

So who is gonna bid on this Showcase 4 ?

No 22

Even worse, there's no 18 or 19

I was talking to Michael Goldman about his Showcase #4 9.6 this past weekend. It was his first trip to Toronto in almost 9 years. He has an original owner run of Showcase from #1-20 (the #4 being a 9.6) with a few other 9.6 books and then the rest being in the measly 9.2/9.4 range. What a shame.

:jokealert:

They were part of the Newsboy collection that contained a small number of very attractive 1950s DC comics:

OFF21-3.jpg

OAAW65-1.jpg

AAMOW33-3.jpg

2zgf8r8.jpg2vl5x53.jpg

Holy shnikees............those are some white whites!

Everything is Steve's homestead HAS to be white...the drapes, the linens, the towels, the dog (white poodle), the ride (white BMW ?)......

And it matches perfecto with the TOS and JIM...

Would love to see the issue #22 copy. :cloud9:

Dont think there was any 22 in the Newsboy collection sadly, as Roy said the run was from 1-20. (Though Im not sure about his copies of 18 and 19).

I don't think there was a 9 either?

I only have a pitiful 9.2. :gossip:

Showcase4.jpg

:cloud9:

Having had the pleasure of seeing this book up close and personal, at the palatial Zaid estate, pitiful is not the adjective that leaps to mind.

In a collection of stunning books Mark had on display for us, this was the MOST STUNNING (worship)

I only have a pitiful 9.2. :gossip:

Showcase4.jpg

:cloud9:

Having had the pleasure of seeing this book up close and personal, at the palatial Zaid estate , pitiful is not the adjective that leaps to mind.

In a collection of stunning books Mark had on display for us, this was the MOST STUNNING (worship)

:o