• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYX

41 posts in this topic

It's very strange story. Here's what it looks like and what it normally goes for ($125 - $150)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2204022953&category=17082

It was a giveaway I believe. It reprints USM 14 and 15 but was marked with a "1" on the front. There is a comparable analog for UXM - It is a blue UXM 1 reprinting story form UXM 7 and 8. Odd how the cover characters are major characters in the plots of the Marvel Movie Sequels 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's kinda ironic that you guys are talking about this book having adult themes, when it's based on the average life of a underpriveledged, teenager??!! Anyone else think so??

I like the series so far, and I'm hoping for the best, but It's not in my top 10 right now......

it's based on the average life of a underpriveledged, teenager

Man where have I been? I hope that is not the average life of a teenager now...or else we've really failed as parents... I grew up in New York City and aside from the drugs, gang fighting, and gratuitous crotch shots, I'd say my lifechildhood/adolesence was not nearly as bad as that portrayed in the book... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Man where have I been? I hope that is not the average life of a teenager now...or else we've really failed as parents... I grew up in New York City and aside from the drugs, gang fighting, and gratuitous crotch shots, I'd say my lifechildhood/adolesence was not nearly as bad as that portrayed in the book... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I haven't read it- what's the series like? Is it like a watered-down "Kids" recast with mutants or is the "bad" something else?

I'm a mental health therapist working with adolescents, and I hate to say it but this book describes many situations I see commonly.

I am NOT saying that this book describes common situations. What I mean is that among the particularly troubled group I work with, this stuff seems to be quite prevalent. Add the dating violence and sexual assault, and you've got a portfolio of my classic client.

I am NOT saying that this book describes common situations. What I mean is that among the particularly troubled group I work with, this stuff seems to be quite prevalent.

I was with you there...I think I responded to someone saying this was the average life of a teenager...and you reinforce my surprise in saying it is common in the particular troubled group you work with...

I am NOT saying that this book describes common situations. What I mean is that among the particularly troubled group I work with, this stuff seems to be quite prevalent.

I was with you there...I think I responded to someone saying this was the average life of a teenager...and you reinforce my surprise in saying it is common in the particular troubled group you work with...

Yeah...Gotcha. It's not average teen life, but it's average in the lives of the particularly troubled teens I work with.

I'm enjoying this series,#3 is a good one!

SPOILER!!

I really doubt this prositute mutant chick is related to Wolverine.

What are other people's thoughts?

Dunno, but I liked her. It was nice to finally see a "clawed" character who isn't just another tough hairy guy. Wolverine seems too much like Conan with talons sometimes. The dark, tragic abused girl seems interesting as a character.

The whole look of the book is what I enjoy. Middleton did some Cross-Gen stuff, right? Anything other than that? I bought a couple issues of Meridian or something like that because I enjoyed his work in NYX so much, but wasn't as impressed. NYX visuals remind me of anime in a way (I hate anime, btw), but I like how it works in this book.

Wolverina could have some potential as an update on the whole slice and dice mutant types. I agree that there probably isn't much of a link, if there is one at all, between she and Logan.

I'm enjoying this series,#3 is a good one!

SPOILER!!

I really doubt this prositute mutant chick is related to Wolverine.

What are other people's thoughts?

I bet she is and ends up in a movie some day, just a wild guess. :whistle: