• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For Dark Knight fans- a unique offering,three of them in fact

5 posts in this topic

While digging thru my unbelevably disorganized trove of goodies I came across yet another set of items I'd forgotten about.I truly believe these are almost certainly unique in their present context. I am offering for sale two(2) copies of the dustjacket to the Limited Editon Dark Knight Returns Hardcover. This was pubished in 86-87 ad the book was limited to 4,000 copies. They are very well preserved and are ideal for framing or to put on a regular edition hardcover to fool your friends.Cover is completely differnt from the regular edition and states Limited Edition on one of the sleeves. I am offering the dustjackets only, book is not included, nor do I have any copies of the Limited edition to sell. I am open to any and all offers and reserve the right to accept or reject at my whim.

While digging thru my unbelevably disorganized trove of goodies I came across yet another set of items I'd forgotten about.I truly believe these are almost certainly unique in their present context. I am offering for sale two(2) copies of the dustjacket to the Limited Editon Dark Knight Returns Hardcover. This was pubished in 86-87 ad the book was limited to 4,000 copies. They are very well preserved and are ideal for framing or to put on a regular edition hardcover to fool your friends.Cover is completely differnt from the regular edition and states Limited Edition on one of the sleeves. I am offering the dustjackets only, book is not included, nor do I have any copies of the Limited edition to sell. I am open to any and all offers and reserve the right to accept or reject at my whim.

Well that is a first , how did you come by just the dust jackets? I happen to have the artist proof of that comic ( limited to 50!!) Throw them on eBay , I'd bet you would get $10 to $20 for them.

Tomega

When the limited edition came out I still had one of my stores and raffled off a copy for a fledgling charity Marty Lyons of the Jets was putting together.I gave him the book to take to several autograph sessions and somehow a small tear in the front cover happened. Mr. Lyons offered to buy the book outright, but Lou Banks, who was Carol Kalish's assistant at Marvel at the time,took it upon himself to track down the printer of the cover ,who then sent me several dust jackets as replacements in the event of further damage.