• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

if any of you in the near future

53 posts in this topic

have any funny-books blow into your yard, or float down a river, stream, brook, creek...[you get the message] to you, just put them back in the mail to me, cuz they're mine.

i'll be losing power in a bit as gustav bears down on me---i'll catch up on you birds in a couple days.

by the way; thanks go out to the tall geek, ciorac and gator, all of whom offered in the last couple days to house the family had we pulled an evac. good geeks, all [well, pretty good in the case of one--gator wanted one 8.0 or better blue label timely per parker housed].

So far it hasn't been too bad down here in MS. Power is still on and we are hopeful things don't deteriorate. Spent the day yesterday boarding up windows and taking all the yard furniture down and storing it in the garage. Tired, sore, but high and dry.

Stay safe everyone. :wishluck:

Ditto that

thanks everybody.

i never woulda thought i'd still have power at 1 pm, but we're doing fine. i just watched the eye pass over morgan city on the weather channel, and it didn't look too bad. it'll be a good bit weaker by the time it makes the 50 miles from there to here, so we're going to do just fine. alot of rain, tho'.

If things ever get dicey, I want you to know that I will gladly offer my home to your books.

:jokealert:

Take care of people first. Everything else is just, well, things.