• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THERE IS NOW A DD 7 CGC 9.6

176 posts in this topic

If CGC has tightened their grading, it's a good time to buy freshly graded slabs....no? hm

e.g. My buddy got some fresh slabs from Cgc last week. He submitted an ASM #19 that he pre-graded a solid 8.5. It came back Cgc 7.5. He has decided to crack it out and sell it raw. Cgc has seem way too many copies of ASM #19 (top census 9.9, I believe) and FF #48, so they may be grading these tougher?

He also submitted a hot modern comic that was unread flawless and he pre-graded 10.0. He got back a Cgc 9.8. He expected minimum 9.9. :kidaround:

Can I assume that he'll be selling it as an 8.5 raw? (shrug)

A gentleman at NYCC 2008 showed me a bunch of CGC graded books...he took out a bunch of 9.6's and said to me: "Which one of these is not a really a 9.6?"

He pointed to a book that a crease on the top-left corner of the cover that was visible on the correct angle...but it certain was there. He explained this kind of a defect makes this 9.6, a 9.2...but alas, the LABEL wins on that book.

Could we have something like that here?

I'm late to the party, but I'll add a few thought's and tid-bits of info....

Doug has resubbed a bunch of books recently, and jumped up a bunch of early Strange Tales issues (around the 100 mark) from 9.6 to 9.8, and it looks like he got a bulk deal with the DD#7 lollol

Any half witted MA flipper can see even from the scan of the front cover alone, CGC got it right the first time.

And so CGC... there's another 9.6 DD#7 with the second copy in 'private' hands lollol

If CGC has tightened their grading, it's a good time to buy freshly graded slabs....no? hm

e.g. My buddy got some fresh slabs from Cgc last week. He submitted an ASM #19 that he pre-graded a solid 8.5. It came back Cgc 7.5. He has decided to crack it out and sell it raw. Cgc has seem way too many copies of ASM #19 (top census 9.9, I believe) and FF #48, so they may be grading these tougher?

He also submitted a hot modern comic that was unread flawless and he pre-graded 10.0. He got back a Cgc 9.8. He expected minimum 9.9. :kidaround:

Pre-grading your own books as 10's :screwy:

Pre-grading your own books as 10's :screwy:

Have to say I agree. I get twitchy giving anything a 9.8 (even though I've got a pretty decent record nailing them), but anything above is simply wishful thinking...or an eBay sales pitch. :insane:

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/detail.php?issue_id=6412

THIS BOOK WAS A 9.2

RE SUBBD TO 9.4

AND NOW 9.6

DISCUSS

Press a book once shame on you.

Press a book twice shame on me.

:sumo:

Sorry, wrong thread... :sorry:

Press a book twice... you.... uh.... you can't press a book twice! :insane:

I'm thinking of Mr. Owl in the tootsie pop commercial...

"How many times must a comic be pressed until you get a 9.8?

The world may never know..."

lol

65376.gif.d006e437950cfa0804cf7af0eb3a483b.gif

No relation to the theme of this thread but there is still no CGC 9.8 copy of Daredevil #43 :headbang:.

dd0043.jpg

I guess it is only 1 press away from happening..

Not true in all cases. I rebagged (and thus touched) a copy of Batman: The Cult, sent it in, and it got a 10. It is Prestige format and squarebound, so maybe the oil thing is true for regular formats.

Not true in all cases. I rebagged (and thus touched) a copy of Batman: The Cult, sent it in, and it got a 10. It is Prestige format and squarebound, so maybe the oil thing is true for regular formats.

I have always factored this when dealing with books. I generally end up washing my hands multiple time when handling books. That nasty skin oil rumor stuck with me.