• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

I just finished issue 51, all i can say about the new threads are 'ihateitihateitihateitihateitihateitihateit' If the story didn't grab me so hard, i would have dropped this series then and there, it hurts me to look at the new outfit, but only an OUNCE of what it hurts me to look at his 'sidekick'. damn it!

now to finish 52 - 56 in front of me and try not to hate so much.

read 52 and you'll want to delete this post (:

52 was my favorite issue since 29...and i think oliver (mark's brother) is awesome!! well...at least i thought this after reading #52..

I just finished issue 51, all i can say about the new threads are 'ihateitihateitihateitihateitihateitihateit' If the story didn't grab me so hard, i would have dropped this series then and there, it hurts me to look at the new outfit, but only an OUNCE of what it hurts me to look at his 'sidekick'. damn it!

now to finish 52 - 56 in front of me and try not to hate so much.

read 52 and you'll want to delete this post (:

52 was my favorite issue since 29...and i think oliver (mark's brother) is awesome!! well...at least i thought this after reading #52..

read #52 - 56, my disposition has changed, slightly. While i do like his methods, I still hate looking at the sidekick, if he could just change his damned outfit , UGH. I love the prison clothes on Allen and Omniman, very nice. The jury is still out on the "invincithreads."

Seriously, i cant believe ANYONE (who isn't colour blind) to like that red yellow purple mess of a sidekick...

I should note that, while i may hate with a passion one part of this comic, i love the story lines, issues and everything that has come attached to invincible.

sounds like a plan, is black terror any good, I checked it out at my LCS on friday but didnt go with it.

i liked the first two issues alot....i mean, c'mon..who doesn't want to see black terror ride a bomb into the white house (issue #2)???

i like it better than project superpowers (which i liked alot)...

sounds like a plan, is black terror any good, I checked it out at my LCS on friday but didnt go with it.

i liked the first two issues alot....i mean, c'mon..who doesn't want to see black terror ride a bomb into the white house (issue #2)???

i like it better than project superpowers (which i liked alot)...

Is this a COVER of him riding a bomb?... I'm always on the look out for people riding bomb like things into the ground covers

Let me just get that out of the way.

I am a total modern noob.

But I just finished the third TPB of Invincible and I have to say that I am just blown away.

Yes. I was a bit on the fence after the first two. The third definately hooked me.

Really? you *liked* angstrom levy? I didn't like his character at all. To me his character development was sorta like twoface in batman(movie) - i'll just flip to the other side for no apparent reason. Liked the story arc, did NOT like him.

hm you seem to disliking alot about vinci lately (:

anyway, yeah! angstrom is awesome...i honestly don't know what you're talking about with the two-face analogy :shrug: he was a normal dude with an awesome plan...invincible f@cked up his plan, and deformed him, now angstrom wants revenge..

seems pretty straightforward to me...i guess i just don't get what you mean by 'flipping to the other side for no reason'..

angstrom is one of my fav badguys so far...can't wait til he returns soon :D

Well, the way i looked at it was kinda the same way i looked at twoface in 'the dark knight'.

Essentially in the dark knight, some bad things happen and all it takes is a quick chat with the joker and he's suddenly no longer the by the book good guy he has always been and he's off to kill people.

Angstrom went and was trying to get all his friends together so he'd be able to travel around the universes and not transport into a nuke going off. Invincible comes in fighting the bad guys, levy injures himself, and suddenly he's a psychotic killer bent on messing up him and his entire family.... it was just too quick a change.

I liked the whole little story arc there ( and i'm a sucker for time travel) but i just didn't think he's got much depth to him.... and while that's great for my mindless psychopath killer, not so much for my semi-genius now suddenly turned psychokiller...

Spoiler: and i wish he'd just stayed dead, bringing him back just absolves invincible of having murdered someone in mildy chilly blood

oops just noticed you let that cat out of the bag...though i'm sure we all thought it was coming sooner or later...

Walking Dead Slabs next?

nah, gonna stick with Invincible, Bone, RASL and ultra-HG moderns...

deciding between black terror, project superpowers and goon as my next 'project' hm

is RASL good? how far along is it?

Walking Dead Slabs next?

nah, gonna stick with Invincible, Bone, RASL and ultra-HG moderns...

deciding between black terror, project superpowers and goon as my next 'project' hm

is RASL good? how far along is it?

i really like RASL, its a nice and offbeat black and white comic..

its only on issue 3 as it comes out every 3 months or so...the 1st TPB with all three issues comes out tomorrow, i believe :)

its definitely worth checking out (: