• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

So i was flipping through invincible ( or it might have been walking dead) and i was reading that Kurt got turned into a partner at image eh?

Anyone else think this might just have something to do with the fact that he's got 2 (and wolfman is gaining?) popular, self made comic books that have only done wonders for the image comic book company.

Also phi - you have too many cgc'd invincibles(sweet #55 - love any cover with a viltrumite on it!) :P leave some for the rest of the world eh?

P.s. Got any OA?

So i was flipping through invincible ( or it might have been walking dead) and i was reading that Kurt got turned into a partner at image eh?

Anyone else think this might just have something to do with the fact that he's got 2 (and wolfman is gaining?) popular, self made comic books that have only done wonders for the image comic book company.

Also phi - you have too many cgc'd invincibles(sweet #55 - love any cover with a viltrumite on it!) :P leave some for the rest of the world eh?

P.s. Got any OA?

i have a couple of pages...easy and kevinboyd have ALL of the awesome covers (:

Who is this Kurt person? Invincible/Walking Dead/Astounding Wolfman/Brit writer/creator Robert Kirkman was just made an Image partner last summer -- it absolutely had to do with (a) keeping him at Image because (b) he's their best selling creator. Collections of his work are always topping the sales charts. They want him to bring the same "buzz" to the rest of the Image line so he's writing their big summer crossover.

P.s. Got any OA?

Do you have a CAF gallery Phi?

P.s. Got any OA?

Do you have a CAF gallery Phi?

nope...i have a couple ottley sketches and 4 invincible pages...still waiting to hear back from mark about pgs 18-20 of issue #52....i have a cool idea of hanging them up side by side with the comic pages under them :)

i will start a CAF gallery AFTER i get my first invincible cover....but i might have to wait, as you and kevthemev have ottley and mark by the ballz...

LMK when either of you can let one go...kev, i don't think you have a SINGLE cover that I wouldn't buy...and easy, well, you know my offers :D

Yo Phi,

Careful with the custom framing, that stuff gets expensive fast. I used to do that with every piece I have, then ran out of room, so I just got the standard 11X17 frames at my local frame shop. Now I got a lot more room to hang stuff and it saves a ton of money. I was paying like $120 each custome frame, now I pay $10 for the standard frame. Granted it doesnt have UV glass, but I keep all the windows closed in my office at the house.

Who is this Kurt person? Invincible/Walking Dead/Astounding Wolfman/Brit writer/creator Robert Kirkman was just made an Image partner last summer -- it absolutely had to do with (a) keeping him at Image because (b) he's their best selling creator. Collections of his work are always topping the sales charts. They want him to bring the same "buzz" to the rest of the Image line so he's writing their big summer crossover.

*doh , i may have had a moment of crazy and confused myself but hey :shrug: :screwy: *

Ahh yes i see now it really is quite important for image to keep him around what with all the good he's doing for them both with books and buzz "lately". I haven't picked up Brit myself as it just didn't appeal to me in what limited crossovers/covers i've seen in his other books, but if that's going well too then by all means image throw money at this man!

As for the OA invincible covers, that people can manage to keep invincible paraphernalia out of phi's hands is impressive :thumbsup:

*doh , i may have confused the lead of invincible with it's writer but hey :shrug: *

Ahh yes i see now it really is quite important for image to keep him around what with all the good he's doing for them both with books and buzz "lately". I haven't picked up Brit myself as it just didn't appeal to me in what limited crossovers/covers i've seen in his other books, but if that's going well too then by all means image throw money at this man!

As for the OA invincible covers, that people can manage to keep invincible paraphernalia out of phi's hands is impressive :thumbsup:

lol

impressive, he says :)

i don't know whether to take offense or be happy about that comment (:

well I guess I will be the first to comment on the issue, which I thought was a lot of fun. So obviously if you have not read it yet then stop reading this post.

I thought it was a great set up issue for 60 and beyond. Angstrom Levy is going to be one hell of a fight. Also the whole private security company Eve set up is really interesting, and a pretty good twist if you ask me. Does anyone think the belt that monster-girl now has is going to have an adverse effect on her? This issue was packed with a ton of info, I wonder if Mark is really going to be happy for Oliver if he gets stronger than him. I would think not. Ottley rocked the art, what else is new.

peace

good issue!

i liked the last two pages alot, they made the issue for me :)

Unsure about how i feel about 'invincible inc'...we'll see how that plays out...

so how long until oliver is stronger than mark? i mean, kirkman has foreshadowed the hell out of this idea...i'm just waiting for oliver to go berserk in issue #60...i just find it odd that of all the characters on that awesomely massive cover, how and why was oliver omitted?? also, Nolan isn't on the cover of #60...i was really hoping for nolan's triumphant return to be during the #60 issue...let's hope its not another year before we find out what's happening with nolan...

anyway....i'm stoked!! next month is powerplex and then #60 (:

i love this book...

yea, ya got me. Still, thought I would bring it to everyones attention because I have absolutely no clue as to who the is on the cover. Anyone have any thoughts? Some people thought it would be the Immortal over on the Kirkman forum. I dont think so, but I really cant speak cuz im stumped. New Character maybe?