• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

On 4/11/2021 at 8:25 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Anyone know which is the variant for noble causes family secrets 3?

Census has the homage as the reg cover, but has invincible on the cover, the non homage is listed as the variant..... is that right?

Every other place has the info as the opposite and I'm wondering why that is....

Screenshot_20210411-202632_Samsung Internet.jpg

1st cameo appearance of invincible 

The census quoted above labels this book the variant 

Yet the label says variant and its labels it the x-men 141 homage as well so 

Idk

EDIT CENSUS ALREADY UPDATED, SO MINE IS JUST MISLABELED doh! 

No description available.

2021_04_14 3_55 PM Office Lens.jpg

2021_04_14 3_57 PM Office Lens.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/13/2021 at 7:06 PM, followtheleader said:

If you can get them cheap and they are not plentiful, I'd grab them.

Patrick

I own a few of these. Problem is there is no price or even mention of them. 

I'm sure nobody knows about them. They are probably similar to Whitman's.....but possibly less by a lot. Unknown to a lot of people. Only certain shops got them mixed with regular issues. 

I wouldn't let it deter me. 

Even in the Invincible title, 1 issue is valuable because some font is pink.  

Not much different.   And I'm guessing the issues you've picked up/seen were pretty cheap.

Patrick 

10 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I wouldn't let it deter me. 

Even in the Invincible title, 1 issue is valuable because some font is pink.  

Not much different.   And I'm guessing the issues you've picked up/seen were pretty cheap.

Patrick

I bought them when they came out on the comic store shelf. When I saw they were different and found out about the different logo I looked for more and could not find them. 

yeah, for a long time the non-homage cover of NC 3 Family Secrets was not really pursued, but no longer, the market realizes the cameo is in all versions...though the homage cover is way cooler. i remember that being an expensive book when I don't even think Invincible 1 had cracked $100. I bought a copy at a flea market for 50 cents and it was like an instant $30 flip on ebay then and I possibly could have gotten more. I am guessing this was around 2010. I know I also snagged a Walking Dead 7 there too, and got $15-20 for that, so it was before WD outright exploded.

Edited by the blob

58 minutes ago, the blob said:

yeah, for a long time the non-homage cover of NC 3 Family Secrets was not really pursued, but no longer, the market realizes the cameo is in all versions...though the homage cover is way cooler. i remember that being an expensive book when I don't even think Invincible 1 had cracked $100. I bought a copy at a flea market for 50 cents and it was like an instant $30 flip on ebay then and I possibly could have gotten more. I am guessing this was around 2010. I know I also snagged a Walking Dead 7 there too, and got $15-20 for that, so it was before WD outright exploded.

Thanks for the response, it's greatly appreciated :)

Mine was mislabeled as the homage even though it's the regular, but I have another regular correctly labeled out for delivery today too. :applause:

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks for the response, it's greatly appreciated :)

Mine was mislabeled as the homage even though it's the regular, but I have another regular correctly labeled out for delivery today too. :applause:

I did not even realize the non-homage had the cameo inside until now. i had thought the whole "cameo" was on the cover. Someone here will correct me if i am wrong, but I think the non-homage cover was a $3 book for a long time.