• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

On 3/7/2022 at 12:39 PM, PossumGrease said:

I don't quite get the high prices for the What Not variants or why they even exist. If that's what the market demands, then it would seem those 5th anniversary covers should be selling for more.  

Because WhatNot hyped them up like crazy. The covers that Ottley released at SDCC weren't as much as those were and are even more limited than the Kirkham covers.

On 7/29/2022 at 5:27 AM, Phillip said:

Because WhatNot hyped them up like crazy. The covers that Ottley released at SDCC weren't as much as those were and are even more limited than the Kirkham covers.

WhatNot hype did help but you have to admit his battle damage covers are pretty sweet! 

Recently watched the show and love it! Cant wait for the next season! Never even knew about the book till I watched the show. Now I will keep my eyes peeled to pick up some of the back issues. In the mean time I need to track down some collected editions to read. 

On 12/2/2022 at 11:00 AM, Phill the Governor said:

Anything new on the Invincible front? Probably tough to keep discussion going since the series ended?

tbh there wasn't much of a discussion to begin with, imo, a lot of people thought it was cool, but no ongoing comic series is why I think that it felt short wind.

idk

On 8/31/2023 at 7:20 AM, WolverineX said:
On 12/2/2022 at 11:00 AM, Phill the Governor said:

Anything new on the Invincible front? Probably tough to keep discussion going since the series ended?

Season 2 is coming out.   

Atom Eve origin story (Season 2 "preview"?) is now available.

On 12/2/2022 at 10:43 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

tbh there wasn't much of a discussion to begin with, imo, a lot of people thought it was cool, but no ongoing comic series is why I think that it felt short wind.

idk

Yup and the fact that it took forever for them to drop the new animated season just kind of took the steam out of the train for me. I tried to watch season 2 the other day and I was just not hyped for it at all. In fact I felt bored and ended up just watching YouTube videos lol