• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Invincible Appreciation Thread
5 5

3,489 posts in this topic

Read up to #70 last night.

Stopped at the Invincible Returns issue.

Digging Conquest. I know there will be more of him, but wish that part was longer. He is a much better villain than Angstrom Levy (at this point).

R

Read IR and through issue #78 (a few pages of 79). I hope We haven't seen the last of Thragg and I hope we someday see like an alternate universe Conquest (because that would be Conquestactic!! )

I bought the compendium, read the first 30 or so issues in a few days, enjoyed it, but just stopped. Cold turkey. No explanation really.

I liked it for sure but it wasn't nearly as good as I was hoping.

I should finish it though.

I think you have to keep going. Part of what makes the book so good is the way Kirkman builds story lines. He weaves everything together and makes the whole book a lot of fun.

Not to mention the book gets better as the Mark and Eve romance builds. The stories sort of age too and get dark at all the right times.

It's 1:10 AM

I just finished Invincible Compedium two.

I will write a longer review later, but I will say that after reading about 70 issues in the past 2-3 weeks that it is an outstanding series and I'm glad I got to read it back-to-back because there is a lot of subtle things that I think I would have missed if I waited 30 days between issues.

This last arc with the Flaxans (sp?) was fantastic. I have the next trade coming either tomorrow or Tuesday (planned ahead :) ) and went ahead and ordered the rest of the raws through current.

Soon, I will be waiting monthly like everyone else :cry:

More later....

R

It's 1:10 AM

I just finished Invincible Compedium two.

I will write a longer review later, but I will say that after reading about 70 issues in the past 2-3 weeks that it is an outstanding series and I'm glad I got to read it back-to-back because there is a lot of subtle things that I think I would have missed if I waited 30 days between issues.

This last arc with the Flaxans (sp?) was fantastic. I have the next trade coming either tomorrow or Tuesday (planned ahead :) ) and went ahead and ordered the rest of the raws through current.

Soon, I will be waiting monthly like everyone else :cry:

More later....

R

Yea I hated when I got caught up on the title. The flip side, the series is re-readible. I've re-read the book almost every year since discovering it. I still enjoy it and it still captivates me. My last re-read was a week or so over summer. It was A LOT of fun.