• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,296 posts in this topic

Best pic I have on this computer, will take a better one later. Frame on the left is my favorite AH cover that I own. Sold another one a couple of years ago, kicking myself for it now.

Will post some of my other favorite AH pieces when I get a chance! Long time collector of his stuff.

2dkyekl.jpg

I have no original art or anything from Mr. Hughes but I did meet him at the NC Comic Con this year. He was very nice and approachable. He signed the first five books for free and after that he asked for a $5 donation, per book, to go to the Humane Society. I brought 7 books and gave him $20 total because I love his covers. The image below is of all 7 books. Not the best grades in the world but I love all 7 and have them hanging up in my comic room. There were several boardies in other forums (I believe the OA one) that posted pictures of some commissioned work. I believe one was of Elvira and another was of Daenerys Targaryen.

a>

secret early hot girl AH cover..

IMG_5554_zpssezm2vhx.jpg

@ FullerJason - Those are nice books. I've been looking for a Catwoman 51 & 70 for a decent price. Same goes for Tomb Raider 33 & 45.

@ Revat - I didn't know he did that cover. Time to go hunting. Thanks!

My Hughes Catwoman run is coming along nicely, here are some favorites:

large.jpglarge.jpg

large.jpglarge.jpg

large.jpglarge.jpg

I honestly think #48 is my favourite of the whole run :cloud9:

secret early hot girl AH cover..

IMG_5554_zpssezm2vhx.jpg

That DC Universe copy is likely worth something to the right buyer.

I've tried to sell it here on the boards before. At some point I'll put it on the bay. But in theory, its gotta be one of the rarest of all Adam Hughes 'variants'. Per Comicchron, it was the 170th most popular comic in May of 1995, on Issue #32. More than a year before that in 1994, it probably wasn't better than 110-120 in terms of ranking. Obviously this was AFTER the crash of 93, so I can't imagine this title was heavily in demand. And THEN you throw in the DC UNIVERSE aspect, and it feels like the number of copies has to to be ultra ultra low.

My Hughes Catwoman run is coming along nicely, here are some favorites:

large.jpglarge.jpg

large.jpglarge.jpg

large.jpglarge.jpg

I honestly think #48 is my favourite of the whole run :cloud9:

Those are some great books Hado.

I second that! Can't wait to see the finished product?!