• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ADAM HUGHES GALLERY
13 13

1,301 posts in this topic

On 7/13/2022 at 9:13 AM, IbukiLord said:

Lootchest edition arrived today to go with the original

7WAFOKv.jpg

Nice. If I remember correctly the Lootchest cover was the original art but DC made Adam draw black shorts on it because it was too racy.

On 6/19/2022 at 7:29 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Only a VF, probably wont press.

A press would help though, for $127

Screenshot_20220619-192759_Gallery.jpg

Oh snap! Thanks @PeterPark for liking this post! I bought this at fan expo Dallas 2022. I in fact didn't press but did better than estimated in the post!  :banana:

4930467_Full_Obv.jpg

4930467_Full_Rev.jpg

I bought this early on when getting back into collecting 

About 2015-16, for you guessed it tree fiddy! Well $3.50

Finally sent it in, not much wrong, think it had a little spine roll, 9.0

4930465_Full_Obv.jpg

On 10/25/2022 at 9:14 AM, marmat said:

IMG_20221025_150834.jpg

Nice!  I think I have most of those in decent shape myself except one of the Catwoman Zatanna covers.  I believe one of those I have has a small water spot on the cover I think.  I found the WW 184?, maybe; the retro cover I can't see the # clearly.  Found that in a $1 bin years back. Saw the book peaking out about 20 comics back from where my hand was currently sifting and knew what is was instantly.  I hurriedly got to the book and pulled it out only to see the cover was detached at bottom staple, the top staple was hanging by a thread and there was a huge 6" tear on the FC, among many other defects.  I was crushed.  Needless to say,  I left it where it lay.  :(

On 3/13/2023 at 8:13 PM, Brock said:

I picked this up yesterday... Definitely one that doesn't get much attention:

Hughes.jpeg

Recognizable style on that, nice red and purple 🟣💜 wouldn't have thought the blue would stand out so much. Gate crusher? I definitely hadn't heard of it... Was it a bin find that you just so happened to find or? Story?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 3/16/2023 at 3:47 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Recognizable style on that, nice red and purple 🟣💜 wouldn't have thought the blue would stand out so much. Gate crusher? I definitely hadn't heard of it... Was it a bin find that you just so happened to find or? Story?

Black Bull was started by Gareb Shamus of Wizard magazine fame, but didn't last long. This is actually a trade paperback collecting the 4 issues of this series, though it has the size and thickness of a prestige edition book rather than a true TPB.

I have almost everything Hughes has done, including some pretty obscure stuff, but I didn't have this one. He only did the cover for the TPB, and not for any of the regular issues.

Because it's Hughes, it typically sells for $20-$25.

I snagged it last weekend at a flea market in St. Catharines, ON. I got it, 4 issues of Dirty Pair (not the Hughes issue, unfortunately) and a copy of Battle Chasers #1 for C$10. (That's about US$1.25 each for our American friends)

On 3/16/2023 at 3:43 PM, Brock said:

Black Bull was started by Gareb Shamus of Wizard magazine fame, but didn't last long. This is actually a trade paperback collecting the 4 issues of this series, though it has the size and thickness of a prestige edition book rather than a true TPB.

I have almost everything Hughes has done, including some pretty obscure stuff, but I didn't have this one. He only did the cover for the TPB, and not for any of the regular issues.

Because it's Hughes, it typically sells for $20-$25.

I snagged it last weekend at a flea market in St. Catharines, ON. I got it, 4 issues of Dirty Pair (not the Hughes issue, unfortunately) and a copy of Battle Chasers #1 for C$10. (That's about US$1.25 each for our American friends)

Tpb are like the salt and vinegar of the hobby, yes for spicy reading, but in the long run less patience in arriving new on the newsstands.

I appreciate that it's a full story, and still awesome that it got its own cover?

None of these books or pics were mine, just farmed from Hughes social Media.

An fyi.

But it IS coming to con season if not already and there is the rub to make sure some positive vibes are flowing like a river! Peace 🕊️

Screenshot_20230325-112242.png

On 3/25/2023 at 9:57 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

None of these books or pics were mine, just farmed from Hughes social Media.

An fyi.

But it IS coming to con season if not already and there is the rub to make sure some positive vibes are flowing like a river! Peace 🕊️

Screenshot_20230325-112242.png

I know I've said something like this before, but my respect for Hughes doing affordable sketches at shows is enormous.  He could charge 3-5x what he does and I doubt his line would be any shorter.  That giving back to the fans is wonderful.