• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Earth to NeatStuff: These aren't Gold...they're reprints

9 posts in this topic

I noticed a similar thing happen with a reprinted copy of Pep #17 (Alan Light Flashback reprint).

Wait, oh yeah! I save all that MLJ completed stuff! Go here to view this! Keep in mind this B&W interior reprint has an EBAY value of about $10.00.

Linkie Poo

Have you ever noticed they always talk about near mint prices in their auctions when the books aren't? Little hype maybe? Maybe it' s me, but I'm wary of their grading. I wouldn't buy anything off of them unless it was CGC graded. They're not always consistant either , but at lest we KNOW their grading! Neatstuffs: WHoooo! WHeeee!

I've heard more negative tales about NeatStuff than probably all other eBay sellers combined. That's not an exaggeration. Even their CGCed items have been mocked on these and other boards in the past (for getting blue labels when some felt they should have gotten purple or green, etc.).

Yes, the sellers who list the NM price for a book in anything less than VF/NM are real pieces of work... they seem to be implying that somehow, over time, the book they're selling can improve in condition?!?

Well, I bought one non-CGC book from them (A high grade World's Finest #5), and I thought the grade was accurate. A while ago I bought a couple of CGC books from them and I had to email them several times and even call them a couple of times to get them to send the books - at the time they were getting several negative feedbacks/day over their slow ship times and non-responsiveness. This was a couple of years ago. They acted like they really didn't care - they said it must have been my fault - I must have gave them the wrong address or something (I gave them correct info). At that point I just decided not to deal with them anymore.

I will never buy anything from these people raw. The reason for this? They had an FF 52 up for auction, raw, which they graded at NM-. Now this book had a noticable color breaking crease in the LRC... AND... written in BLACK SHARPIE in the moon portion of the art. Is someone's name and phone #. Probably one of the most grossly misgraded books I've seen on eBay. tongue.gif

Brian

I don't buy from them anymore either.....their service is one of the worst. I have bought a number of items from them, and they just don't know how to communicate. On two seperate occassions I bought and paid for items only to start receiving NPB alerts from ebay. When I finally got through to them, they blamed the problem on their system and didn't even apologise.

I need that aggro like a whole in the head....

I don't buy from them anymore either.....their service is one of the worst. I have bought a number of items from them, and they just don't know how to communicate. On two seperate occassions I bought and paid for items only to start receiving NPB alerts from ebay. When I finally got through to them, they blamed the problem on their system and didn't even apologise.

I need that aggro like a whole in the head....

2 out of 3 pre-code horror books were claimed to be "ruined in a warehouse accident". This was AFTER they had sent TWO non-automated pieces of e-mail detailling when my books had shipped (two different dates). I recieved one book and a check for the other two with the "ruined" explanation. Personally I think it is a crock. I left neutral feedback (after emailing them and asking what happened they said they did not deserve a neutral because there emails were automated.)

I just don't accept that. I am very content with an automated email saying I won, how much, where to pay etc. But to claim to have sent out two further "automated" emails that answered specific questions I had? It is a load and I will never buy from them again.