• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

G.I. JOE THREAD YO JOE!!!!!!
10 10

2,338 posts in this topic

Well i am done with this thread for good. There is a conspiracy to grade low and be happy about it......................Which Vegan is agreeing today??

Once last thing before I depart this thread forever. How do I get a picture to become a "big scan" Appreciate the help.

Edited by jduran1

Well i am done with this thread for good. There is a conspiracy to grade low and be happy about it......................Which Vegan is agreeing today??

Once last think before I depart this thread forever. How do I get a picture to become a "big scan" Appreciate the help.

Too early for the FDQ exit, Duran. The better grading Vegan (M) graded the book. The doods in the grading department will help you with the scan. flowerred.gif

Being that I can't see any defects in the scan, my prediction is CGC 9.6

Even if the book is flawless...I think CGC will cut it off at 9.6 for production issues.

You mean "Cut it off because they refuse to grade a 9.8" issue?

That will be an amazing achievement when you finish. I am collecting the run but I am buying raw issues. I try to find decent high grades but I will buy fillers and ugrade later. I want to be able to read every issue when ever I like, plus I don't have the resources to buy all issues in 9.6 - 9.8.

bought this one today, its an upgrade

gijoe155.jpg

Going back to the #1-20. I just read that the preliminary -script for the Joe movie has Destro as the main villain. Can any one back that up? Also, which is his first app: #11 or #12? I don't think that one gets nearly enough attention.

That will be an amazing achievement when you finish. I am collecting the run but I am buying raw issues. I try to find decent high grades but I will buy fillers and ugrade later. I want to be able to read every issue when ever I like, plus I don't have the resources to buy all issues in 9.6 - 9.8.

bought this one today, its an upgrade

gijoe155.jpg

I have a bunch of these for sale in the for sale forum. Check it out, there might be an issue you need to upgrade.

GI JOE special #1 1994 Made as an afterthought to the GI JOE series, its basically a reprint of issue #60 in wich MCFarlane did the interior artwork. He did the Specials cover as an homage to his own work on Spiderman. (See the resemblance of Snake-Eyes to Spiderman on the cover. They printed about 10,000 of these. They are uncommon but certainly not rare. I like the issue for the cover myself. Prices vary but a 9.8 would bring a healthy $300+ in auction.

If it was this one:

GI Joe Special #1

It's was a 9.6 easy. I always undergrade a bit to CMA, esp. with the MBG.

I don't usually slab books that I would estimate to sell under $100 and the whole GI Joe thing really kinda snuck up on me. confused-smiley-013.gif

The 155 that's up right now is NOT as nice as the Special #1, but I'd still call it better than a 9.0 easy.

He did the Specials cover as an homage to his own work on Spiderman. (See the resemblance of Snake-Eyes to Spiderman on the cover.

The cover says something like "Goster & Koblish"(sp). I think the reprints interior is the only McFarlane art for that issue. The cover is just a swipe by some other dudes.

He did the Specials cover as an homage to his own work on Spiderman. (See the resemblance of Snake-Eyes to Spiderman on the cover.

The cover says something like "Goster & Koblish"(sp). I think the reprints interior is the only McFarlane art for that issue. The cover is just a swipe by some other dudes.

If I remember correctly.........the cover of G.I. Joe Special #1 was a Spider-Man swipe by Phil Gosier and Scott Koblish. The interiors are the "alternate art" for issue #61 originally done by McFarlane. It in not necessarily a reprint, as the McFarlane art was never originally used for issue #61. Issue #60 was the only McFarlane art included in the run.

There, I think that about sums it up thumbsup2.gif