• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Like a Fantasy league

12 posts in this topic

Here's the trade. An all winners 1 CGC vg+ plus a batman 16 CGC VG+ for a Superman 2 F+. Which side do you take?

Assuming everyone's unrestored, I'd take the All-Winners 1 and Batman 16. I could always get another Superman 2. Seems like they're everywhere lately.

Yeah but Heritage has 3 All Winners #1's in their upcoming auction!

A Superman #2 in 6.5 is a nice book. Keep in mind the Superman #2 is from 1939

! The page quality and overall look of the books may be the deciding factor on this deal!

Timely

"

I'm leaning towards the All Winners #1 b/c Superman 2 has all reprint interior contents from early Actions except perhaps for pg. 1 new art ".

The answer leads to another thought which probably has been discussed before.

When you buy a book what are you buying?

1)The front cover

2)The back cover

3)THe artwork in the interior

4)The storyline

5)The rarity of the book

I remember a CGC post awhile back that tried to disect how much eaach componet piece represents to the final grade.

"

I'm leaning towards the All Winners #1 b/c Superman 2 has all reprint interior contents from early Actions except perhaps for pg. 1 new art ".

The answer leads to another thought which probably has been discussed before.

When you buy a book what are you buying?

1)The front cover

2)The back cover

3)THe artwork in the interior

4)The storyline

5)The rarity of the book

I remember a CGC post awhile back that tried to disect how much eaach componet piece represents to the final grade.

Actually a question MOST worthy of a seperate thread. I suggest you try that! Will be happy to answer (but my answer is none of what you mentioned - but still - a really good question!)

yah yah = typo edit! 893frustrated.gif