• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC war comics, greytones, 'Nams and lots

21 posts in this topic

Hi all.

The usuals apply. :takeit: trumps all, and at-cost shipping will be quoted afterwards depending on where you live.

Okay dokey - first up....

G.I. Combat #91 5.5, with light cream to off-white pages, dust shadow on top edge of back cover. A truly key war book here, featuring the very first Haunted Tank cover – and it’s a blistering Russ Heath greytone to boot! Extremely tough book in any grade, and this one is just a couple of imperfections away from the 6.0 range. A nice flat copy that presents really well. $60.00

gic91.jpg

gic91b.jpg

G.I. Combat Mid-grade lot. GIC #155, 157, 158, 159, 161 – This is a really attractive lot of books that grade out at an average of FN. Pages are cream, and there’s just general wear that keeps them out of grade. But let me tell you, some of the best Haunted Tank stories in these issues, from Sam Glanzman and Archie Goodwin – just a treat to read and a steal at $11 for all five books.

gic155.jpg

gic157.jpg

gic158.jpg

gic159.jpg

gic161.jpg

Challengers of the Unknown #11 6.0, with offwhite pages. Small arrival date in pen, upper cover (very hard to see). An absolutely classic greytone cover that just screams DC SILVER AGE!!!! Great copy of a very, very, very tough book. $65

cou11.jpg

coub.jpg

Challengers of the Unknown #11 6.0, with offwhite pages. Small arrival date in pen, upper cover (very hard to see). An absolutely classic greytone cover that just screams DC SILVER AGE!!!! Great copy of a very, very, very tough book. $65

cou11.jpg

coub.jpg

:takeit:

Our Army at War #212 – Hope I don’t off the mods, but this is a 9.2 w/ow copy as graded by THE OTHER third party grading company. It’s a really, really beautiful copy of an incredibly tough DC war 10-center with a full-on, deep black cover. I can’t get it to scan clearly, so you’ll have to take my word on it to some degree – this was going to be my keeper copy until I inexplicably came across a very sharp raw copy. You will LOVE this book, and to put my money where my mouth is, if you buy and are unhappy with it, I’ll refund your money AND your shipping back to me. $50, which is the steal of the month. This book is just stoooopid hard in grade.

oaaw212pgx.jpg

Four Star Battle Tales #1 9.2/9.4 offwhite pages. Tough book to find in nice shape, and this one is SWEET. The only reason it’s not a solid 9.4 is that there is a very thin, light dust shadow along the right edge of the front cover, and a similar one on the bottom of the back cover. KILLER Heath cover on this one. $15

fsb1.jpg

Four Star Battle Tales #2 and #5. These are both stunning issues, but they both have a stacking warp. A year under a couple of encyclopedias or (gasp!) a trip your friendly, neighborhood pressing agent would make these babies look cherry. With the warp, I’ll call them 8.0s, but they present like gems. The pair for $8.

fsb3.jpg

fsb5.jpg

Four Star Battle Tales #2 and #5. These are both stunning issues, but they both have a stacking warp. A year under a couple of encyclopedias or (gasp!) a trip your friendly, neighborhood pressing agent would make these babies look cherry. With the warp, I’ll call them 8.0s, but they present like gems. The pair for $8.

fsb3.jpg

fsb5.jpg

:

fsb3.jpg

fsb5.jpg

Man, what a great cover on that #5...never seen it before.

Ahhhhhh... the usual suspects!

Mike and Larry, thanks for the biz! And Andy thanks for looking in!

One more lot for tonight. I did have a bunch of later Unknown Soldiers, but I'm too tired to scan any more. Thanks again fellas!! Still can't believe no one went for the OAAW #212.... it's sweet as sugar.

As promised, some 'Nams. It's about time this series got more respect. I know it's not DC, but dang! This is one of the finest war series ever produced, and the first dozen or so issues are a fantastic read. These are a bunch of store-stock books that came my way years ago. To be safe, let's call them all VF/NM, but I'd wager that most of these haven't even been opened. I've scanned the first issue only, to indicate the typical grade (only number #10 falls out of this grade - it's probably a 7.5). This is a lot of 26 books 1, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 13 (Severin - great issues!) 17, 18 (2), 19 (2), 20 (2), 22, 25, 26, 29, 33, 35, 37, 38 (2) - and you get 'em all for $25..... that's less than a buck a book.

nam1.jpg

Our Army at War #212 – Hope I don’t off the mods, but this is a 9.2 w/ow copy as graded by THE OTHER third party grading company. It’s a really, really beautiful copy of an incredibly tough DC war 10-center with a full-on, deep black cover. I can’t get it to scan clearly, so you’ll have to take my word on it to some degree – this was going to be my keeper copy until I inexplicably came across a very sharp raw copy. You will LOVE this book, and to put my money where my mouth is, if you buy and are unhappy with it, I’ll refund your money AND your shipping back to me. $50, which is the steal of the month. This book is just stoooopid hard in grade.

oaaw212pgx.jpg

:takeit: as per pm.

oaaw212pgx.jpg

(thumbs u

Our Army at War #212 Hope I dont off the mods, but this is a 9.2 w/ow copy as graded by THE OTHER third party grading company. Its a really, really beautiful copy of an incredibly tough DC war 10-center with a full-on, deep black cover. I cant get it to scan clearly, so youll have to take my word on it to some degree this was going to be my keeper copy until I inexplicably came across a very sharp raw copy. You will LOVE this book, and to put my money where my mouth is, if you buy and are unhappy with it, Ill refund your money AND your shipping back to me. $50, which is the steal of the month. This book is just stoooopid hard in grade.

oaaw212pgx.jpg

(thumbs u

:censored: heck I would have paid full on this !!!!

G.I. Combat Mid-grade lot. GIC #155, 157, 158, 159, 161 – This is a really attractive lot of books that grade out at an average of FN. Pages are cream, and there’s just general wear that keeps them out of grade. But let me tell you, some of the best Haunted Tank stories in these issues, from Sam Glanzman and Archie Goodwin – just a treat to read and a steal at $11 for all five books.

errr....yeah...i want them