• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM 1 Club?
22 22

1,041 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2022 at 2:09 AM, skyline23 said:

Got this in the mail this week, really happy to be back in the club :grin:. Now my AF15 SS has a worthy buddy in my collection.  

image.png.33830026f22a6bee626c7b72584b9ec7.png

image.thumb.png.fc5dae39a5f716f06eb5559470571d61.png

This was 1 of my old copies. A few years ago it was sold on CL so I’m glad to see it found another new home on the boards.

Is anybody aware of the bottom green banner of asm 1 , "chameleon strikes", as occasionally having color loss like this 7.5? I have seen this exact type of color loss on another copy of asm 1 but I wonder if this was a printing defect at the onset of production or some other issue. I also wonder how much of a hit a raw copy will take with this type of defect during submission. 

image.png.5335bbec96157b256b25d910db36fcab.png

Looking at the Curator 9.8 copy, it looks like the colors especially the reds look washed out/faded compared to when the book was in the 9.6 holder. I'm not sure if it's due to how the book was scanned or if there was some sort of wet cleaning done prior to it being re-graded again and achieved the 9.8 grade. 

Would help if someone took a picture of the book in hand as a 9.6 and also with its new grade to compare.